4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › 4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1785363
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Wow, I haven't needed a RAM cleaner (nor are they recommended any more) since Win2k.
    Yes, my 486 had only 256MB of ram, and to run anything you needed a RAM defragger. It was enough to run a Nintendo emulator though 🙂

    #1785385
    Oldwolf
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Have not needed one until now. Not sure why daz gives me the warning that it can't load all materials for some scenes when I am loading and unloading a lot due to running out of memory. I currently have 32GB but am waiting on jumping to 64 or more till I finally get my 3090.

    #1785389
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    That's probably a VRAM issue rather than a sys RAM one. I reckon many people will call it quits at the 3090 because the RTX 4000 series is looking like it will mean a total system upgrade with GPU power requirements of up to 800+ watts some say. And potentially even more with Kingpin-like cards. You would be looking at a GPU waterblock and a PSU of about 1200 watts if rumors are true. Three years ago I dropped a 2080 into a 7 year old PC and it worked just fine with my 650 watts PSU. Again, if rumors are true, most PCs that people have these days, for gaming or rendering, will become redundant if you want a 4000, and if the 4000 series works out like the hungry power-hog they say it will. We will see.

    #1785727
    Oldwolf
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Apparently it may have been a virtual memory issue. I did a check on my drive space and to my surprise I saw my Windows SSD was redlined. Smaller 500GB drive but I also increased the overprovisioning a few years back to increase performance and leave more available for swapping out the bad blocks that happen over time in an SSD. Spent some time today cleaning out programs I hardly ever used or haven't used in ... well a few years and moved my page file to my second drive which still has a ton of space. We'll see if that fixed the issue with running out of memory when leaving DAZ open for hours and loading/unloading a lot of stuff.

    #1785849
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    And I gonna try the 4.20.0.8......pffff

    #1786202
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    CHECK THIS

    WOW.... KindredArts Did it again

    #1786372
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    I did a test.... Iray Ghost Light Kit One.

    It is nearly the same as the "SY Invisilights Iray".
    It can not replace with the real Ghost Light Kits.

    I thought. OK just replace the shader from the Iray Ghost Light Kit One... but no luck.. Firefly's all over the place.

    All renderings you have made in the past, will need to be replaced with Iray Ghost Light Kit One.
    Really sheet...

    And This will not work in earlier versions. If you're using pre 4.20 builds, you should still have the legacy ghost light kits in your library.

    #1786382
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Well, it looks like Daz's perpetual cycle of fixing-breaking things means job security for PAs :p

    #1786481
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    @Ethiopia - Daz or at least the forum mods don't see it that way. According to them the original Ghost Light was taking advantage of an Iray "bug" that has now been fixed, and it's nothing to do with Daz. Corp or Studio whatsoever. When their costumers complain on the forums about buying a now useless product their response is hard cheese.

    #1791434
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rank: Rank-1

    The new scene save features are a bonus. But after upgrading to the latest DS today I found my CPU was getting more use than my GPU when rendering. Stopping the CPU made the render take a long time. My CPU was getting 20% use but my GPU was still struggling using around 2% for the render. I'll have to revert to and older version of 4.20, this is a pain in the ass.

    #1791435
    eelgoo
    Moderator
    Rank: Rank 7

    I keep both the general release & Beta installed.
    What I do is check that I like the new beta before I delete the older beta installation.

    #1791461
    Oldwolf
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Same but I also have 4.15 and 4.16 installed. Mostly 4.15 until an updated Decimator falls off the back of the truck. DAZ doesn't care if you rename the install folder after installing so I renamed the original to 4.15, the next to 4.16 and so on and copy all my plugins over to each new copy. Some plugins stop working so I have to wait for an update.

    #1791514
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Don't do it that way, COPY the Daz program folder, and remname that copy to 4.16, 4.20 etc. THEN go ahead and just install Daz over the top of the original. That way you preserve a working set of plugins and other custom files you might have in the program folder. The SDK does not change across minor versions post-4.5, so there is almost zero reason you should have nonfunctioning plugins. I haven't found a plugin yet that stopped working on upgrade, and I have like... all of them :p Copy-paste errors can wreck a plugin though, a number of them are multiple files and/or folders.

    #1791517
    Oldwolf
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Decimator is the only one I have in DAZ 4.15 that does not work in 4.2x.xxx

    I will TRY your method but I have almost always found that Decimator likes to be updated. I'll snag the latest copy from here and see if it works in 4.20

    #1791519
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Hmm, Decimator is one I don't have... I'm curious now, if you still have the older copy, I would like to test it in various versions and see what's up.
    <edit> I see we have various versions in the blog, I'll go with that 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 148 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like