4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › 4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1805002
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Mirrors still work!! Look at some of the other YouTube videos, there's one or two that show it nicely.
    so yeah, you could have a section plane hide a wall in front of you, allowing a good view in a tight space, and the mirror facing you will still show the wall between you and it, as if it was still there.

    #1805015
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Thank you Amber. I have little experience using section planes but they seem very worthwhile.

    #1806117
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    @Slender331man "...well I guess I really need a GPU with 16GB VRAM or more next time…"
    Or a 4090ti would do the trick.
    Review here-

    #1808017
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Enormous version jump with new stuff or bugs.
    They jump from 4.20.0.17 to 4.20.1.34.
    What this new stuff is??, I'll go check it out. I simply have nothing else to do.

    #1808203
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Holy.
    F$#$%g.
    SHEET.

    Whatever they did, it completely exploded my custom character morph for the first test scene I loaded. Poor girl looks like a deflated, shrunken apple head alien.
    Also, the scene spotlights are all fukt. I didn't spend enough time to look and see what the problem is, maybe I'll revisit that later when I have time.
    ALSO... Studio is back to complaining about new duplicate formulas and missing formula properties, which were not a problem in 4.20.0.17.

    So then I go ahead and open the same exact scene in ...17 where I last edited it the other day, and voila! No problems, lights are fine, morphs are fine, and scene loads without any warnings or errors.

    According to the changelog, 4.20.1.20/.21 focused on fibermesh hair shaders and params, 4.20.1.22 moved to next build of Iray, and 4.20.1.28/.29/.30 screwed around with the core engine.
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

    This is by FAR the very worst beta fail I've ever seen out of Daz in an entire decade.
    Whatever they did, they really managed to screw the pooch on this one.
    Back to the drawing board, DAZ. Get your sh!t together.

    #1808223
    eelgoo
    Moderator
    Rank: Rank 7

    With that many iterations over such a short time period, you would have thought they would have got it a lot better than that!

    🙁

    #1808334
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Funny thing is, it used to BE a workable version. It's done nothing but rot away even as they "develop" it over the years. Like software gangrene.
    Now I'm sad. This is like watching a beloved pet dying.

    #1808882
    eelgoo
    Moderator
    Rank: Rank 7

    4.20.0.17 seems OK to me.
    🙂

    #1809422
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    I tested the 4.20.1.34 and have realized that this version is the worst I have ever had in my hands.
    Viewport is slow slow slow. Render time is slow.
    Loading time from a scene is slow. You are right Amber....watching a beloved pet dying.

    Go back to the 4.20.0.17 seems OK to me to...

    BTW for people who do not know this...
    When you use Dforce in a scene, You should hide all the items in your scene. Except the character with the Dforce Clothes. Also non dforce hair you should hide. Cranks up the dforce speed.

    #1809529
    oldspokesy
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    Are ghost and caustic lights still jacked up? I'm running 4.20.0.17 and it's hit or miss if they work or not for me. The official forums weren't very helpful, the fixes did diddly for me.

    #1809549
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    @lucafeelgood
    Very true, but ideally you shouldn't even have that geometry in the scene at all during a simulation. Hiding it only keeps it away from the viewport render, and OpenGL is pretty fast anyway... but the geometry is still loaded in memory. dForce eats up a lot of RAM, so running a scene subset containing only the participating geoms will help keep that cost down and give you an edge in speed. Create the subset, run sim, merge subset back into original set.
    #thethingsyoulearnwithaslowcrappy8gblaptop

    #1810023
    3DArtist2k22
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    You could try setting your render settings; set your renders at 500-to-1000 iterations, rather than the default 5000, just not the new absurd default which is in the thousands!

    Anyway, my viewport stops after 360 iterations! (360 iterations for animations)

    #1810499
    eelgoo
    Moderator
    Rank: Rank 7

    Has anyone had the nerves of steel necessary to try 4.20.1.38 ?

    :0/

    #1810923
    3DArtist2k22
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    I will now, thanks for the heads-up, as I did not know they had a new beta out!

    #1810932
    eelgoo
    Moderator
    Rank: Rank 7

    I bit the bullet.

    It seems OK so far.

    🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like