4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › 4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1814540
    Svenxxx
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Anyone else getting a brutal memory leak (or something like it?) with 4.20.0.17? I can do one 4K render and then have to restart Daz (and sometimes that doesn't even help) before I can do another. And if I work in Iray Preview for lighting? I also have to restart before I can render, which is just awful for the workflow. And if I do anything marginally visual outside of rendering? The temperatures fall, the fans slow down and the renders just basically slows way down. i7-10700/3080 (10GB)/64GB RAM.

    Any fixes or working versions that stop this? I honestly don't get it.

    #1817856
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Running now the 4.20.0.43 And have to say....Looks good.
    Render improvement.

    #1818623
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    After reading some of the recent posts on the Daz forum benchmarking thread, there are lots of reports that 4.20 renders slower than 4.15, and in some cases 24% slower than 4.15 with the HDRI lighting.
    Maybe it's a DS thing or Iray, I don't know. Or maybe it's been fixed in the newer DS updates.

    #1818632
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    @Ethiopia "I doubt that Daz has enough developers", or staff in general for that matter. It's pretty much a bare-bones outfit with a flashy storefront run on a shoe-string. That is evidenced by their own admitted "not enough staff" to respond to tickets. Which ironically is the result of not employing enough staff to do their QA in the first place, hence the growing number of tickets, and why there's no support other than for the current DS version.

    #1818635
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Their "new" docs wiki is frozen in a WIP state from like 2010. There's about 3 pages of useful but outdated info, with outdated and largely now-missing videos, most pages are either "coming soon", "do not exist", or "no access" being (still) only set up for staff to login and edit. If it weren't for Doxygen there would be no API documentation.

    It reminds me of Pyongyang; grand designs, and a bold shell, but nothing living inside.

    #1836070
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Big big jump to version 4.20.1.58!

    #1837700
    jacobjustice
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    I noticed the fastness. But since I am using a Mac, I have nothing to say now.

    #1864560
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    version 4.20.1.78 is now out...

    BTW version 4.20.1.58! was not so bad. Fast Dforce and the program closed fast...Still waiting for the number 5

    #1872694
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.1.88! Out Today. They promise improvementz

    #1872835
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Don't know what 99% of this means, but if they're still fiddling with 4.20 it indicates DS5 is still quite a way off.

    ds5

    #1872855
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    That wouldn't surprise me. The NFT market has tanked so Tafi would be looking for any way possible to cut costs.

    https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/nft-trading-volumes-collapse-97-084909316.html

    #1872856
    gts6
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    @Frank22 I can explain it, in a simplified way what that all means.
    1) they cleaned up the source code, usually to make it easier to read it if it has gotten sloppy
    2 They made changes to the "preferences" dialog ( in laymans terms, the dialog is the "Box" that pops up on screen when you select "Preferences" from the menu to make changes to your preference settings. So theres some extra buttons, etc on that now.

    And thats it. Unless you click preferences, you wont notice any difference at all between versions. If someone is seeing speed increases or anything else, its a coincidence (maybe cache got freed up or something). Because nothing in this release has anything to do with speed or features at all ( unless they forgot to document it in the release notes, which is doubtful.)

    #1872884
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    @Gts6 So in a nutshell, nothing to write home about. I'm sure if there was a performance increase they'd be saying so. Too bad the "clear button" doesn't/can't do a proper purge so I don't have to close and reopen DS to do it.

    #1872889
    eelgoo
    Moderator
    Rank: Rank 7

    FWIW They mentioned in the recent reveal stream tha G9 would come in with 4.21, so 5 probably won't be coming any time soon.
    If it were I think it would have likely co-incided with G9 release.
    Unless they want to keep stringing us along a little further 😉

    #1872905
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    For me.. In this 4.20.1.88 version....Improvement in the filament. Looks much better as before. HDRI maps visible without tricks. Hair looks much better...In any way.. I do not use Filament.

    They wrote in the change log.:"Improves loading speed of layered image assets"

    @Frank22
    use ctrl c to copy text..So you don´t have to take a screeny.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 148 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like