4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › 4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1783611
    Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    Ugh... I'll wait a week. I hate d/loading, installing, only to find I have to to it all over a gain a couple days later.

    #1783672
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rank: Rank-1

    It must be the chosen ones who only get the updates because DIM said no updates. DS said no updates. Still on 4.20.0.2 Alpha and Beta.

    #1784069
    Some Guy
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    How are loading times with a bunch of figures for this update? I'm considering updating but all the bugs are making me hesitant. If the changes aren't worth it I'll wait until they fix some of the render problems.

    #1784136
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rank: Rank-1

    It finally updated to 4.20.0.5. I haven't tested DS thoroughly because I only use it for posing, rendering and throwing morphs around between ZBrush. For that alone it seems stable and fast enough.

    #1784176
    NobunagaOda
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    My problems on 4.20 were both the ghost light thing and the inability of this version to load layouts, actions sets and UI pref from previous iterations and even those made from that version there. In the beta forums they keep saying it's fixed in the latest beta" but can someone confir m that, please? I really don't wanna dip my fry in that mayo just to find out I can't save my workspace.

    #1784204
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rank: Rank-1

    @solomongrundy

    Yes the broken UI is fixed 🙂

    #1784216
    eelgoo
    Moderator
    Rank: Rank 7

    Current Beta is 4.20.0.6

    🙂

    #1784316
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rank: Rank-1

    @eelgoo.

    Current Beta is 4.20.0.6

    Dammit! 🙂
    I'll stick with .5 unless it effects my workflow.

    #1785015
    Amber
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Also, the current Release 4.20.0.2 has also been updated; the only change appears to be a revised DAZStudio.exe with no change in version info, just smaller (93.5KB vs. 103KB) and creation date of 3/10 instead of 2/16.

    In other WEIRD news... after using Daz several times over the past day, and having NOT shut down my computer, I just went to start Daz again, and got an error popup saying "Daz requires OpenGL 1.3 to operate, this computer only supports OpenGL 1.1..."

    O_O

    I went to reboot, and noticed there was a pending Windows Update.
    So I rebooted, and Daz works again. No idea if it was a Daz issue, or a Windows issue, but crazy. It might even have been FaceGen, since I was using that after the last time I closed Daz, and my desktop did not behave nicely while it was open.
    Also, I used Substance Designer while Daz was open, and then found that the Iray preview was heavily pixelated, like a jpeg thumbnail blown up to fullscreen. Rebooting cured that too.

    #1785037
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Ditto @Billyhill. The issue for me is that I use Ghost Lights so all my old scenes will not render like I saved them.

    #1785061
    Oldwolf
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    One thing I noticed since updating to 4.20 I used to be able to spend hours unloading and loading new sets as I sort my runtime. Lately though after loading about 11-12 sets to check them in order to categorize I run out of system memory and the only way to free it is to shut daz down, wait, then restart. It also seems like it takes longer to delete all items loaded as well.

    #1785070
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    It's strange that some on the Daz forums are saying the opposite @Oldwolf. I really don't know what's going on. If you don't want to wait you can kill the DS process in Task manager and re-open.

    #1785071
    Oldwolf
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Yep, I know. I still have a "Kill DAZ" shortcut on my desktop from a few versions ago when it was hanging up on closing even with an empty scene for a lot of people.

    For those who don't know, and this works for ANY program.

    In windows 10 right click->new->shortcut, then in the box put

    taskkill.exe /f /im DAZStudio.exe

    Click next, then give it a name. Now when daz hangs up, just double click.

    You can replace DAZStudio.exe with the exact program name of any other program you wish to do this with.

    #1785156
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    A small tool (IObit Smart Ram 3.0) to clean up your memory. I use this before I start DS.
    Works for me...Using W7. W10 makes problems for me, when using DS.

    You can DL it Here Good luck!

    I think it is clean (virus or whatever). Don't need installation.
    You can give it a try.

    #1785231
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rank: Rank-1

    @frank22

    No fix for those lights then?
    I only started using them again after you mentioned them a few weeks ago but haven't tried them with the latest DS offering.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 148 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like