4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Home Page Forums General Chat 4.20.0.2 and up (4.21.1.13)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Ethiopia
    Participant

@amberkat, ...which makes me hope that Diffeo matures into a viable alternative to Studio. It would be a shame for that the great content to go to waste once Daz dies.

...or Poser rises from the ashes as a rock solid intuitive program that natively supports the Daz
    format.

...oh sorry....was just dreaming.

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

Big big jump to version 4.20.1.58!

jacobjustice
    Participant

I noticed the fastness. But since I am using a Mac, I have nothing to say now.

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

version 4.20.1.78 is now out...

BTW version 4.20.1.58! was not so bad. Fast Dforce and the program closed fast...Still waiting for the number 5

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.1.88! Out Today. They promise improvementz

Frank21
    Participant

Don't know what 99% of this means, but if they're still fiddling with 4.20 it indicates DS5 is still quite a way off.

ds5

Ethiopia
    Participant

I'm convinced that Studio 5 will never happen and that Daz3D will die from Tafi's short sighted greed and mismanagement.

Frank21
    Participant

That wouldn't surprise me. The NFT market has tanked so Tafi would be looking for any way possible to cut costs.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/nft-trading-volumes-collapse-97-084909316.html

gts6
    Participant

@Frank22 I can explain it, in a simplified way what that all means.
    1) they cleaned up the source code, usually to make it easier to read it if it has gotten sloppy
    2 They made changes to the "preferences" dialog ( in laymans terms, the dialog is the "Box" that pops up on screen when you select "Preferences" from the menu to make changes to your preference settings. So theres some extra buttons, etc on that now.

And thats it. Unless you click preferences, you wont notice any difference at all between versions. If someone is seeing speed increases or anything else, its a coincidence (maybe cache got freed up or something). Because nothing in this release has anything to do with speed or features at all ( unless they forgot to document it in the release notes, which is doubtful.)

Frank21
    Participant

@Gts6 So in a nutshell, nothing to write home about. I'm sure if there was a performance increase they'd be saying so. Too bad the "clear button" doesn't/can't do a proper purge so I don't have to close and reopen DS to do it.

eelgoo

FWIW They mentioned in the recent reveal stream tha G9 would come in with 4.21, so 5 probably won't be coming any time soon.
    If it were I think it would have likely co-incided with G9 release.
    Unless they want to keep stringing us along a little further 😉

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

For me.. In this 4.20.1.88 version....Improvement in the filament. Looks much better as before. HDRI maps visible without tricks. Hair looks much better...In any way.. I do not use Filament.

They wrote in the change log.:"Improves loading speed of layered image assets"

@Frank22
    use ctrl c to copy text..So you don´t have to take a screeny.

gts6
    Participant

@lucafeelgood Where does it say that? Is there more to the list of changes than what is visible in the screenshot Frank21 posted? Because I based my post on that screenshot alone. If there's more to it that I didn't see, then that changes everything I said lol.

Frank21
    Participant

@Lucafeelgood "..... Frank22 use ctrl c to copy text..So you don´t have to take a screeny."
    Yeh tried that but the Daz formatting won't copy/paste so instead of re-formatting all the bullets, paragraphs and sub-paragraphs, it was easier to just do a screenshot.

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

@gts6 CLICK HERE

@Frank22

Yeh tried that but the Daz formatting won’t copy/paste

Was workin for me...But a screeny is working to.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like