Pull Up a Chair (2)

Home Page Forums General Chat Pull Up a Chair (2)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Techsnoop
    Participant

Hello Rob, ev1,
    Techsnoop here. I'm a grandmother in Michigan who does web and graphic design. Got into 3D to expand into creating backgrounds for an indie movie (in production). I bought a boatload of Daz stuff before stumbling here. Would have loved to share but most of it is already here. As I get more stuff (mostly sci-fi), I'll share. Here's a render I did and touched up in Photoshop.
    Have a happy
    powerboard in Gotham night

Ethiopia
    Participant

@silverboaX-
    You make some excellent points with your comments on tutorials striking a chord with me. The majority are poorly written, make great leaps of assumed knowledge, have technical and/or grammatical errors and are less than professionally presented. Some of the video tuts are ridiculous. There's a series by some guy who talks through his nose and is constantly hacking stuff up. Another gent seems to have very little idea what the hell he's doing. Daz should be ashamed of itself for selling this crap. I don't understand why they don't create a proper set of tuts and give them away since more people creating stuff is more more people selling stuff.

I'd love to see Daz go under because of real competition from another program. Hopefully it won't make the same effing mistakes that Daz has.

Dragon
    Participant

Most tutorials I see, (vids watched) holy crap. I'm like , dude. Just get on with the tutorial already.. I don't want all the blah blah blah. And then, and this irks the hell out of me, they spend 5 minutes each time, trying to figure out which button to push to go to the next step. SERIOUSLY? And you're putting this out as a tutorial when you don't even know what the hell YOU'RE doing?

I haven't found modo yet , but there are items I'd like to have that aren't out on the market. I'd like to do certain scifi show costumes and stuff. I should try to attempt Blender again. I usually find tuts to get me started and then fumble through on my own. LOL

silverboaX
    Participant

Blender definitely has a solid community and the youtubes are full of tutorials... I personally can't stand its interface but people love it so I assume i'm wrong 😀

I'd highly recommend giving zbrush (or mudbox) a look if you want to get results without knowing much about how 3d works underneath.

For clothing i'd suggest having a crack at marvelous designer, it's pretty much digital sewing so if you can see how the costume goes together you can recreate it (getting it nicely back to DAZ is a bit more of a thing, but there are some decent youtubes about how to use MD, and how to get meshes from MD into DAZ)

SparklePants
    Participant

Hi! I'm sparkle! I started dabbling in poser in 2013 but found it too confusing. I originally tried to draw / digital art, but got too frustrated with what my brain wanted to draw and what my shitty hands ended up doing :3

I realized I could do some of that if I learned 3d art, and some of my friends were very good at poser and DAZ, so I figured I'd try it.

I basically mash my face into my keyboard, yell at DAZ, google the frick out of tutorials desperately, and of course, come here because I can't afford this hobby at all xD Hiiii!

Ethiopia
    Participant

Wow!...what great weather up here. We went from -26ºC to +8ºC in 24 hours which loosened the glacier on my metal roof. It slid off and destroyed the top of my deck, taking 20 years of grape vines with it. The noise was amazing. At least it's gonna stay warm over the next few days allowing me to clean up before we descend back into the deep freeze. Gotta love global warming.

Picaya
    Participant

Just want to say Thanks for the community here. Refugee from KAT and before that the DNoid. Been playing in Daz Studio since 2010. I tried Poser but never acclimated to the interface. So I stuck with DAZ Studio even though it was unorganized and had NO documentation. IRAY is great and really changed my enjoyment of the art. Once again thanks for being here. There would be no 3d art for the common man if this place did not exist.

aslag
    Participant

Well, my city just froze over, so I might as well crack open a cold one and pull up a chair.

I'm Aslag. I was a photographer before the war. After 9/11 I sold my business and joined the army. I had a great career. Saw some rough shit, but I enjoyed it over all. I had a training accident in '07 that left me crippled. I was in a wheelchair, but I managed to work my way up to a cane. I get to park where ever I want, so I count it as a win.

Daz allowed me to sort of get back into creative stuff. It's a bit hard to take pictures when I'm the tripod, but I can work a computer. I'm in the medical field, but I find having a creative outlet helps me be more well adjusted. Well, that and shrooms, but that's neither here nor there.

So greetings to all of you fine people. I hope you guys are warmer than I am.

Edit, Also, to Sparklepants, I'm with you on the keyboard to face technique of working Daz Studio.

PhantomF4
    Participant

@aslag

It would cool to know you in real life. Just that short paragraph leads me to believe that you have a great outlook on life.

This former Airmen says thank you for your service! It’s proba not as cold here in Texas as it is there, but I’ll still be pulling up a chair and drinking a cold beer with you.

Dragon
    Participant

For the life of me I just can't remember the name of the site I used back in the day. Late 90s, early 00's. If anyone remembers any major ones from that time, please name them. So far there's KAT, Demonoid, PirateB... I didn't know about KAT or PB back then.

aslag
    Participant

@Rob Dude, would love to share a beer with you.

I don't know, I was once in Texas from late summer to the beginning of winter. Froze my ass off.

Funny story about Texas. I did my initial medic training in San Antonio. Then we got bussed to some camp for our field training. During a patrol, a tumbleweed rolled past me. I looked at my buddy and said "What the fuck was that thing?"

He goes "It was a tumbleweed", looking at me like I was a special child(he was from Texas).

I said "Wait those things are real? I thought they were only in cartoons".

I'm smart in the classroom, and dumb on the school bus sometimes.

coolcat
    Participant

Rob stop being cheap and break out some of them coronas lol no need for ice just set them outside my door they will be half frozen in 30 minutes

Ethiopia
    Participant

Are we talking about beer?...one of my favourite subjects. I've been making my own for decades with my default brew being a (not my own recipe) Newcastle Brown Ale replica. I'm now working on a Jaipur Pale Ale with some success. The recipes I've used are pretty close and the last batch I made included a bit of kiwi fruit. It'll be a couple of months before I taste it and my hopes are high.
    You Yanks should try drinking your beer cool vice ice cold. The cold dulls the taste buds. There's a series floating around (youtube?) called "Oz Clark and James May on The Drink of England". It's a great romp through the UK, and will teach you a lot about the worlds greatest drink.

PhantomF4
    Participant

@aslag
    Yup, tumbleweeds are real. Armadillos are as well. I’ve seen hundreds of them and at least two of the were alive and not flattened in the street.

PhantomF4
    Participant

@coolcat, I would bring over the Corona, but I think I’d rather hold out for what @not-hunter is brewing!

One year for my birthday, my wife arranged for us to go on a craft beer tour throughout the Texas Hill Country. Visited several micro-breweries in the span of a whole day sampling all kinds of craft beers. It was awesome! (Just wish I could remember the last part of the tour)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like