(OPINIONS EVERYONE) Genesis 9 is out!

Home Page Forums General Chat (OPINIONS EVERYONE) Genesis 9 is out!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    MrReclusive
    Participant

Can't even get it to render, updated to 4.21 beta (fuck if ill overwrite my main install without testing beta first) and iray just renders g9 pure white..

Edit: works fine in 4.20 though 9 required 4.21?

Hodor
    Participant

As someone who occasionally uses DAZ Studio characters in other software, i praise the new G9 mesh topology. It's perfect. It will enable 3D artists and 3D sculptors to do much more natural morphs and poses, which was extremely limited and only possible with painful workarounds with the previous figures.
    Other than that, I don't mind the unification from male and female into one base character. it may be beneficial in some cases.
    The provided starter morphs and pose sliders are solid.

The only bad thing is, NONE of the previous morphs, shapes, poses etc. you may have purchased, will work with G9...

Actually i am thinking about deleting everything pre-G9 from my library, there is no comparison

Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant

I don't and won't know for awhile, as it is hard to download a bajillion gigabytes of stuff through a skinny DSL line.

(sorry I'd been away, I went from a hectic work pace to looking for a new job because our CEO os a moron, and the activity/whiplash has kept me away. It will keep me busy for awhile longer, but I have a bit of time to breathe for the moment.)

By the way, a new version of DS came out too.

Initial impressions? I actually hope it just loads fast and bends better than G8. Next, I hope the morph transfers work the same way from G8 -> G9 as they do from G3 -> G8. That way, I can avoid downloading time-killing character morphs for it and only use curated custom morphs pre-made in G8. The Toon morphs will be a royal bitch to transfer up (because rigging), but I think I can swing it. I'll know more later this/next week when I have time to tinker.

While I'm waiting for half the Internet to download to my poor overworked laptop, does anyone know how well the G8/8.1 texture maps work on G9?

Richard Yan
    Participant

I found after removing figure's eyes and re-attach them back, it's not able to add LIE materials to the eyeballs. Maybe I did sth wrong~ Anyone had such a test?

Legolas18
    Participant

@Mrreclusive It works fine for me. Did you install the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials?

MrReclusive
    Participant

@legolas18
    Yeah, Installed all gen9 options I had available, and 4.21 beta, wont render g9 in 4.21 beta but it renders fine in 4.20

ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

It works good for me , I have 4.21. It's strange only G9 and Vic 9 available on the first day there is usually a couple characters that come with the bundles and a few extras to choose from on opening day.

Glassman
    Participant

I'm disappointed in the wardrobe essentials. It's 2022 and we still don't have a photorealistic pair of jeans. (We have an androgynous figure with bikini, swimwear, and 'diva desire' though...)

Ondrej
    Participant

This androgyne baseball player can't compare with my enchanting highly detailed model. 😛 😀

Legolas18
    Participant

@Mrreclusive I have installed Daz Studio 4.21 and not the beta version. Maybe that's the reason why you are having trouble?

Richard Yan
    Participant

@Mrreclusive Beta version works fine for me~ any error message or sth like that?

MrReclusive
    Participant

@windreaver0118 - Went to go check log for errors, and on reopening 4.21 beta and starting a render with g9, it rendered fine that time, so not sure what that was about.

but all in all, after playing with it for a little bit, it will probably be awhile before I do anything with g9, I just have way to much stuff for 3 and 8/8.1 to want to go back to start over with another gen.
    That and the male is very odd, I can make the torso and head look good, but the legs are just... wrong.. not sure how to explain it, the proportions on the legs seem wrong.

Richard Yan
    Participant

@mrreclusive Oh~ never experienced what you mentioned. You may try to clear DSON cache in Preferences dialogue (F2). Then reload figures to see if the problem's still there~

Frank
    Participant

V9

Quick render of V9 HD with the assets currently out there.

Everything used is the new 9 stuff except for the clothing (AJC Pro Skate) which converted easily along with some other clothing items I tried.

Eyes look wonderful, and without the 1000s of morphs I have the character loads a lot quicker (obviously). Once riversoft get their character converter working can see myself using this generation a lot, whilst limiting myself to morphs 😀

The female genitalia and skin look a lot closer to reality than the gen 8 basics that came out - just now need to wait for the scripts and PA's to come out with their characters and think it could be a success for them.

Being able to rely on all the G8 and G8.1 clothing and hair easily converting removes one of my huge worries from this gen. The other one will never go away as I believe if you have a big library of male and female figures these morphs may be visible on all characters and thus increase loading time.

Ondrej
    Participant

Ok.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like