(OPINIONS EVERYONE) Genesis 9 is out!

Home Page Forums General Chat (OPINIONS EVERYONE) Genesis 9 is out!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

I don't hate it, I just wish it was better prepared.

:0/

Kefka
    Participant

(and might I add FF6 is still better than FF7 IMO lol)

That's not an opinion, it's a fact! Zoomers, be damned. 😛

Thank you for the analysis

- No problem

I'll just say this, and it has probably already been said:

The bends and twists look great untextured, but their is a caveat to having a a lower poly count even if the mesh is uniformly superior. The textures are going to stretch and it will be noticeable too. No size texture map is going to hide these stretches either.

If you put a texture on Genesis 9 and bend the leg to the side 90 degrees, look where the underside of the leg meets the genital area, and you'll see with I mean. I can't post these shots as nudity is involved. This has been an ongoing problem and I've never understood why they don't increase the polycount to fix this.

Not worth it, I guess.

This also includes the breast, glute and armpit area when placed in moderately extreme poses. Though admittedly, to a much lesser degree.

As for morphs and such yeah, they will come eventually. I have no doubt creators are in full hype mode, so chances are you won't have to wait long.

Anyway, take care!

Daishi
    Participant

That's not woke, dude, that's going back to the original intent of the Genesis series. G1 was monogender.

NobunagaOda
    Participant

I agree with you, Kefka, about the thigh/genital connection are. That part looks like rubber gone bad in G9, and it was already bad in G8. Now, I am curious to see how things will go once LaudXnum's Adv. Pussy comes out. After all, he said it'd be a replacement of the hip with gens integrated in the mesh from the start. Maybe we can hope...

eelgoo

Perhaps that may be the way forward.
    If Daz are ignoring concerns expressed, which would be typical, lets hope for decent geografts which fix most, if not all issues.
    Aftermarket geografts for the hip & chest area?

On a related note, I just don't believe that they would retrograde the IK chain & disconnect the breast from the arm movement.
    Then again, perhaps I should!

🙁

@NobunagaOda

Have you a link to where that Adv pussy is being discussed, please?

🙂

Frank21
    Participant

Me too @Eelgoo. So I hunted it up and found this.
    Advance Pussy is a geografted conforming female genitalia and anus for Genesis 8 and 8.1. One-click material transfer.
    Yet another reason to stay with G8/G8.1 and avoid the Daz G9 shitshow. I've never seen in the long line of Daz fuck-ups a product so poorly planned, marketed and downright faulty upon its initial release.
    Perhaps with a few exceptions...

cos

Goblyn
    Participant

I never updated my Daz, I'm still running 4.20... but my G9 render came out fine

I must admit, I do like the new model, but I seriously need head and body morphs...

(reads posts above)
    😮 Advance... Pussy??? I nearly laughed out loud IRL when I saw the "Advance" font, but wow, a definite upgrade from golden palace and "New Gentelia for V8". If they're able to release it soon, I may be too busy to go back to G9 😀

Frank21
    Participant

One must ask then how is this any different to the 99% of models we already gave? Unless you're prepared to pump up subD to 4 and extend your render times to stupid as a result, you're not getting anything not already available with any previous DS model.
    The overblown level of detail, the essential selling point for G9, looks completely un-natural and I'd run a mile from any real person that looked that pockmarked. Not that I'm any Adonis myself at my age.

eelgoo

Ditto. :0/

enjoyify
    Participant

I haven't really followed any of the discussion here...

But @Goblyn that's a cute model. Well done. 🙂

I am fine with smaller iterations on software and characters. And I like upgrades to texture resolution. And I spend money. So I'm the target market for Daz... But rn I just don't care at all about G9. The launch feels so undercooked.

Ethiopia
    Participant

Me too @Eelgoo. So I hunted it up and found this.
    Advance Pussy is a geografted conforming female genitalia and anus for Genesis 8 and 8.1. One-click material transfer.
    Yet another reason to stay with G8/G8.1 and avoid the Daz G9 shitshow.

Laudanum's items are always excellent and he stays on top of problems. I'll be popping for it as soon as it's released and having it posted here after a weeks wait.

shin zon
    Participant

played with geograft and sculpting again,

definately the edgeloop is the main problem

G9 case CLOSED

Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant

I have to say, a quick peek-see on G9 isn't that bad. It does take awhile to load, though, even with what little I have for it so far. I am def. going to have to downsample the 8k textures, though. I don't believe I'll be playing with DS on a 84" 8k monitor, after all.

I actually have plans for this thing. I want to transfer custom morphs to it from G8, but not add any G9 morphs unless absolutely necessary. One of the bugaboos I have with G8 is that I loaded so many characters into it, that it takes forever to load. My plan is that with a minimum of morphs added, and what few make it into G9 are either ultra-useful or are custom-made by me. This should make G9 load much faster on the computer.

My wish list is pretty simple:
    - a usable set of genitals, male and female, for the adult meshes. That 'Advance Pussy' looks amazing for a start. Also, something akin to the Breast Control package would be nice too.
    - a usable means of converting poses in batches for G9
    - a more automated way of converting G8/G8.1 textures to G9
    - FitControl for G9.

As long as autofit works for clothing and hair, the rest is easy. I'll just take it slow for now, because all of these bits and parts will take time. I'll post what I do buy (after the customary wait), as I can and as it comes out.

PS/Edit: The toon kids package is pretty nice, but it will take a lot of tweaks before I can make it usable for my own particular style(s).

bulka
    Participant

I read all the reviews - everywhere, about the new figure. And there is an opinion - that her fate will be like that of Victoria / Michael 5 - which lasted a little more than a year .....
    Too raw product turned out.
    Without a breast implant - which will allow you to have nipples without the need for a high subdivision, without a product from the "laundaum" that corrects problems in the perineum - what's the point of using a new genesis??? Maybe they have their own "bunny in a hat" for this figure - but for now ....

eelgoo

I'm sticking to G8F / G8.1F

I know how to optimise what I want out of her.

🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like