What's happening to Daz....

Home Page Forums General Chat What's happening to Daz....

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ethiopia
    Participant

This article is about google, and to a lesser extent to what's going on in tech in general. It sure sounds like Daz too...
    https://tech.slashdot.org/story/24/04/24/1641235/the-man-who-killed-google-search

Corbeau
    Participant

Thanks for the link, actually it is true in all fields where innovation is a key and the self-destructive trend is particularly worrying with medical, military, energy and transport technologies and services...

eelgoo

I think a lot of it is blind arrogance that ' We know best'.

mathmathou
    Participant

It's because the people running the tech industry are no longer those that built it.

All is said 🙂

inc3d
    Participant

Everything is run by accountants and 'managers' these days, they only care about the bottom line, nothing has any soul anymore and anybody that remotely cares has it beaten out of them or are got rid of.

Another reason why the everything on this planet is going to ratshit...

Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant

Slashdot still exists? Wow. Learn something new every day.

Google has the same problem that a lot of Big Tech has: They hire a Brahmin, who then only hires other Brahmins until the company is owned and run by people out of Pune, Mumbai, and Hyderabad. It's a problem because they only know how to manage, have no creativity, refuse to take risks, and are vicious about enforcing conformity above all else.

Nah - I'm about to retire soon, and retirement cannot come soon enough.

eelgoo

I already have.

One of the best moves I ever made!

🙂

Ethiopia
    Participant

We're drifting off topic but that's always fun.
    I was able to partially retire 13 years ago and fully retire 8 years ago. In that time I've learned that...

1)all that stuff you thought you where gonna do, you now have no interest in.
    2)you quickly gain new interests, hobbies and activities.
    3)Socialized healthcare rocks, regardless of how much we complain about it. Folks in the US really need to get on this.
    4)I can never find my glasses so I bought a dozen cheap pair off Ebay and leave them all over the house. The good ones never ever leave the computer desk.

eelgoo

Sounds like you have it sorted then, mate! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like