(OPINIONS EVERYONE) Genesis 9 is out!

Home Page Forums General Chat (OPINIONS EVERYONE) Genesis 9 is out!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    CaptainRon
    Participant

This has to go down as one of the worst roll outs, ever, for Daz. They had a month to get ready to get it in the shop, and they didn't even test or verify the product or their sales process. (What the f*ck were they doing for a month? Watching youtube videos?)

The reason Daz abandoned androgynous Genesis, was that nothing at all worked. At all. Put male clothes on, dial up female... and cringe. This has not changed or improved with Genesis 9.

Androgyny makes no sense when you consider that its easy enough for Daz or PAs to build and sell scripts to transfer between characters. i.e. this is hardly a solid requirement to put into Genesis 9. (I kinda thought it was odd with Genesis 8.1, but OK.)

I don't see any new features with Genesis 9. Higher resolution textures... whatever.. I'm not zooming in on faces that closely. But at least the new features will kill my super expensive RTX3080TI OC video card. Maybe if they added nose hair? I dunno.

I could use some 25 year old technology though. Musculature would be kinda nice. If you recall, Shrek had muscles and fat that bobbled around as the characters moved. Why are we still using 30 year old surface deformer\morphs?

[Maybe if the characters could bend like Lali? 🙂 That would goose their sales.]

I suspect that the real issue here, is that Daz Studio is what is holding Daz Genesis 9 up. Its buggy AF under the hood. All 3rd party plugin developers have said that.

Anyways, I'll wait a few weeks while Daz struggles through this sh*tty *ss release and figure out what they did wrong, then fixes their bugs. But I have to say that it looks incredibly meh for me.

[I actually wonder if Genesis 8 was much better than Genesis 3. The thing that most people notice between the two has been the efforts of the PAs to improve textures, morphs, use DForce, and properly apply weight mapping. No one is bragging about the rewards the base figure brought to the game.]

Ethiopia
    Participant

*Chuckle*

Maybe if the characters could bend like Lali? 🙂 That would goose their sales.

Ahhhh Lali and what was the place?...the Disco Dragon? Her adventures where wonderful. From time to time I wonder where Ero is and what he's up to. We need him running Daz.

Pixelfucksfm
    Participant

Am i missing something? I've tried adding the genatalia and it's having zero effect what so ever!

Charley
    Participant

I was so disappointed when I saw that it was an androgynous base; it felt like regression. It's like going back to Genesis. I wasn't prepared for it; I haven't been keeping up to date with the news, so it came as a bit of a surprise - an unpleasant one. Lol

ADAM
    Participant

Hope they are going to spice it up a bit. If not, Ill stick with 8

Frank
    Participant

@Pixelfucksfm If you're trying to do it from the V9 folder that's just the textures for the genital area, you need to go into anatomy and do it from there then add the textures.

Frank21
    Participant

I won't say much at this early stage apart from feeling that there isn't enough in it for me to go to G9, nor move to DS 4.21 which I would have to do to use them/they/it. The dangling carrot ain't moving this donkey unless someone can show much improved joint bending, scripts to transfer G8 stuff and a realistic hand grasp.

Grouchy Old Fart
    Participant

I think I'm going to just keep all those V/G9 downloads off to the side for now.

@frank22
    sez:

"The dangling carrot ain’t moving this donkey unless someone can show much improved joint bending, scripts to transfer G8 stuff and a realistic hand grasp."

Yes! The thumb bends are the weirdest movements in the history of joints!

Blackfire
    Participant

It sucks. Lol. They should've stuck to the same style of releases. Male \ female is so much easier than it just being 1.

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

I'd Say it's pretty messed up it got posted so quick. Honestly think it should have been blocked for posting for at least a month.

eelgoo

Very little additional G9 content available in store.

I expected greater volume, even if most of it didn't appeal.

Underwhelmed TBH.

:0/

RuinedClaw
    Participant

Honesty, I'm not seeing a massive difference from 8. They really haven't re-invented the wheel on this one.

But it'll be the third party clothing, morphs, and plug-ins which will build up into a critical mass in the next couple of years and pull me onboard... As it always does.

I don't care too much about the androgynous base figure, it's funny and inept.

In a way I'm relived, I don't feel the need to massively overspend on this, the massive library of Gen 8 assets will be cheaper.

So yeah, I'll check later when we've got more to go on.

WM
    Participant

No worries all, G9F and G9M is on the cards. 😉

slender331man
    Participant

i'd just wait for half a year or so before switching to g9 :/ just gonna sit and wait for maturity content-wise.

Soeperman
    Participant

as far as I have seen on my end, I was a little disappointed with the model, sure it can shapeshift but seeing how it turns out I will stay for the moment with my g8 contents until v9 will be much better.
    the only + point I see are expressions its somewhat better, I would expect there will be a g9.1 coming to fix all those problems that we see like g8.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like