Pull Up a Chair

Home Page Forums General Chat Pull Up a Chair

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    The King
    Participant

It is not even the whole story they split the book into two movies. I would just wait and watch them both back to back.

Mars
    Participant

@MysticFortune - It's VERY well made. Lots of subtlety and camera work add to the overall tension, but as Rokkstar says, it's definitely more disturbing and atmospheric than cheap effect. There are a few jump scares, though. And Pennywise is fantastic. I was pleased with it, for sure.

As Kooroe mentions, it's just the first part, and at 130+ minutes, it's a long sit. But it's much funnier than one would expect, and the pacing is dynamic enough that it doesn't drag.

LegacyZulu
    Participant

Seen IT twice now, would definitely recommend it. It felt like what I wanted Stranger Things to be.

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

Wait, what's wrong with Stranger Things? That's an awesome series! I'm glad to see kid lead adventure stories making a comeback. Some of my all time favorite movies include Goonies, Stand By Me and Monster Squad.

LegacyZulu
    Participant

I mean, I liked it, but it was maybe a little overhyped. It started off strong, spun it's wheels in the middle, then had a decent ending.

coolcat
    Participant

@Kooroe
    so "IT" the movie is not the whole story ? I will have to wait for the second part to come out then and watch them back to back.

wrath
    Participant

IT was okay kinda movie, I was hoping to be scary but it's like any other movies or maybe it's just me idk but I don't think it's worth watching twice, movie could be scary if it was not that obvious looking and the same script and background story like any other with a darker past. jump scares were boring and predictable too but it's just my opinion

coolcat
    Participant

Schmitty are u planning on having a Halloween contest ?

The King
    Participant

The book has the characters as kids and as adults. They split them into two movies. The first one is them as kids the second movie will be them as adults dealing with what happened to them as kids. I don't like to rewatch a movie I have seen so I planning on waiting to see them back to back.

Sunny
    Participant

I haven't read the book, must put it on my list, I don't watch much tv as my husband is a remote hog and we don't share the same taste in movies so I generally read while he watches tv or mess about on my laptop

coolcat
    Participant

I saw "IT" when it was aired on one of the major net works back in the early 90s it was a mini series over a few days if my memory is correct.

PhantomF4
    Participant

Correct, it was a miniseries back in the day. I saw the original; not sure if I'll see the new one as I'm not much for horror movies. I realized that Stephen King has two movie adaptations in theaters now. "It" and "The Dark Tower". Anyone seen The Dark Tower? I haven't seen it yet, but I'm a fan of the book series. I'm wondering if they missed the mark with the movie?

coolcat
    Participant

I have not seen The Dark Tower yet too but also read all the books I wonder the same thing if it will live up to the books some of it would be kind of hard to repeat on film I would think.

The King
    Participant

My parents like the dark tower. My dad has read the books from the series. He said it was a good movie but you can't compare the movie to the books as the movie has parts from all the books.

I might stream it today while I work in Daz.

The King
    Participant

I watched dark tower. I loved it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like