Pull Up a Chair

Home Page Forums General Chat Pull Up a Chair

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Mystic Fortune
    Participant

I'm one of those people who enjoy rewatching TV shows and movies, so I'll most definitely watch IT again when it's released on blu-ray/dvd. Especially, since they've said they will release a director's cut which is expected to have something like 15 minutes of added footage.

Ethiopia
    Participant

Oooo, older TV shows. The intelligent sitcom was a hallmark of the 70's with stuff like Barney Miller, WKRP, and Taxi. The eighties also had it's share with Wings and Northern Exposure...oops, that was the nineties. A few other great shows are the ridiculous but insanely funny Red Dwarf, Community and Friends. Lately we have Letterkenny (only Canadians could make this) and How I Met Your Mother. Oh ya, I almost forgot Night Court.
    Anyone else got some suggestion for worthwhile shows? By the way, most of this stuff still hangs around on the somewhat obscure emule network.

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

Some of my favorites are Justified, The Wire, Sons of Anarchy and Psych, but those are all shows that have ended. For stuff still on the air, The Walking Dead (Yeah, I know... :P), Game of Thrones (Which is coming up on its final season in 2019), Preacher and Stranger Things.

As you can see, I have a pretty large palette of shows that I enjoy. I also enjoy pretty much anything Marvel based... all of the Marvel Netflix shows are good TV, with exception of course to Iron Fist. That show was pure ass, and the culmination of the Netflix shows in the form of Defenders was pretty weak as well.

coolcat
    Participant

Boardwalk Empire, Peaky Blinders, Not sure if they will have new seasons or not but Bates Motel, Dexter , Dead Wood have ended all these are good I think you s have already named the rest 🙂

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

I loved Dexter, but only the first 4 seasons. After that it really went downhill. The final season was a true atrocity.

coolcat
    Participant

I didn't like the way Dexter ended they should have had him move on and continue his ride the his dark passenger evolving yet again.

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

Anything would have been better than the way it ended. The original plan for the final scene of Dexter was for everything up to that point to have been playing back in Dexter's head as he was being put to death by lethal injection.

coolcat
    Participant

I thought of one more that has ended it only had couple of good seasons I think then took a step in the wrong direction. "Heros"

coolcat
    Participant

and another one that ended and the ending sucked was LOST , at the end they should have woken up at the crash site on the Island starting from the begging again never escaping the Island.

jason david
    Participant

i hear a lot of crash reports in daz Iray I thought i was the only person to get that....Yet even Maya (1 of the best softwares out there) crashes. Luckily; I have my music notation on the piano so I don't stress a lot when I wait for the renders...I'm from a music-sheet dedicated small group.

coolcat
    Participant

I forgot to mention these two American Horror Story and Scream Queens both good 🙂

Ethiopia
    Participant

Those are a lot of very serious shows. I have enough drama and seriousness in my life and generally watch only lighthearted fun stuff. I'm also a sucker for romance and unrequited love, hence New Girl, HIMYM, and the granddaddy, Friends. I couldn't watch the last episode of HIMYM because I read that the love of his life (the mother) dies. After a year I cautiously watched it through my fingers while home alone, then balled like a baby for five minutes. As much as I love the show, I'll never watch that episode again...except for the part where Robin describes a woman who sounds like a car alarm from the 90's while she's having sex.

PhantomF4
    Participant

Talking comedies, The Office was always good for a laugh as long as you don't judge by its first couple of episodes. A good current comedy is Master of None.

Bushman3D
    Participant

Only fools and horses and red dwarf are my favorites

coolcat
    Participant

I thought of a couple more TV shows they are - True Detective and WEST WORLD one of the best in the past years 🙂 cant wait for the new season.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like