Not trying to start an argument

Home Page Forums General Chat Not trying to start an argument

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Dragon
    Participant

@Ethiopia
    LMFAO every time I read a post of yours. You're killing me. Love it. I know we'd be friends IRL. I like twisted minds like mine. LOL

PhantomF4
    Participant

@picaya

GOOD... TO... KNOW! Owe you for that nugget of info.

Dragon
    Participant

@Rob DAYM.. she must have gone to neck stretching school. LOL

PhantomF4
    Participant

@dragonmtzr I also did my best to give her a smile that didn't look "creepy". But any out of the box expression pose that I've ever seen does in fact look creepy as hell.

silverboaX
    Participant

@picaya - orly ? pro tip. I didn't know you could do that once a render was complete.

Dragon
    Participant

OK, you guys are talking photograph type realistic as far as the word "realism" is concerned. Granted, I'm sure it can be done just like other artists can paint/draw/sketch a pic that looks like a photograph, but I guess my definition is different, or off cue.
    The image posted is what I personally am talking about. The top two are plastic and unrealistic. The bottom two, (made by QMX BTW of which I know the designers cause I'm a huge TOS Trek fan), are realistic. And the best likeness of Shatner EVER. I'm not talking about photograph realistic, just realistic. I guess that doesn't make sense. But its the best way I can describe it. Damn near photographic quality. Especially the posed pic on the rocks.

Picaya
    Participant

@Dragon those renders look amazing

Dragon
    Participant

@Picaya
    , They aren't renders. They're collectible dolls. The top two are by Mattel. The bottom two are by QMX.
    I was just using them as a reference for my point of realism. Sorry for the confusion. Those are actual photos of real dolls. However, the QMX figure heads were designed on a computer. 😉

coolcat
    Participant

@drgnmztr
    those dolls do look pretty good its strange that no one has modeled them for the 3D market place I guess the copyright law, unless I just have not seen them in one of the stores ?

Dragon
    Participant

@coolcat
    Yeah um no. They aren't for the 3D market. At least not by QMX. Believe you me. I'd have the meshes. 🙂

EvilMonkey
    Participant

I prefer the term "effective", a drawing can look "realistic/effective" even if it doesn't look photo-realistic. It just has to convey the energy, tone, weight, emotion or something across to the viewer. But figures designed to look realistic are often let down by something that disrupts the illusion.

Checkit1414
    Participant

Well....after reading most of the part of all the comment above, i feel i'll be sailling the lonely small canoe of "I like the not realism look" toward the deserted island of Genesis 2.

Yup, for me, Genesis 2 is my world. I like doing Semi-realism/cartoon like character. I like this generation the most because it got tons of improvement and easier to morph/use than the previous generation but still got that semi-realism/cartoon look i want to use. And there are skin map in that generation that are a bit half-way between the full cartoon style like the "Star's serie" and the full realism one we normaly see.

Sure this generation isn't as polish as the newer one for poses, but i manage over it. 99% of the time, it satisfy me. Has for expression, Semi-realism/cartoon characters tend to have really exagerated/rought expression, so i don't mind the less "polish/realism" expression.

I still consider myself a total noob about Daz when i see all the knowledgable people around here and i barely know how to use Daz and all it's component, but i tried to learn with time by myself and by learning tip from forum and web page.

Here is a few example of a set of render of a character i made which i believe are one of me best work so far. Of course, i'm sure the most professional of you will see tons of mistake and error. 🙁 (I'm still really bad!)

This scene use the default lighting it come with and the basic "default" dome of Daz. (I still don't know how to use those component in Daz)
    The character is based on a french comic book serie i read. I tried to mimic her shape and look as close as i could.

https://sta.sh/04j85oddjdg
    https://sta.sh/01w6fcgmpwsb
    https://sta.sh/028n1dbr8dht
    https://sta.sh/089xqocgd35
    https://sta.sh/01o97rw8iwtt

Dragon
    Participant

@Checkit1414
    those are pretty cool. No worries about which generation you use. It's all personal preference. I go for realism in my drawings/paintings as well, not just 3D.
    Personally I'm a freak though. Even when I was a kid some eh hem, 4+ decades ago 😉 , I had to play realistic with my figures. My G.I. Joes had to literally climb the couchs and chairs mountains, one leg and foot at a time. I articulated their every movement. LOL.

Ethiopia
    Participant

@checkit1414 Your work is pretty darned good. You've got the basics down, now it's time to play and add some 'life' with more lighting tweaks. I believe that theirs a few tuts available on the site.
    E.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rob

Had to try this

View post on imgur.com

@norbertz, is this what you’re trying to do? I feel like this turned out okay. I basically sat in a chair and looked behind me. Any part of my body that twisted, I twisted on the model. Although I did have to turn some limits off.

Nope.

Sit the doll on the chair looking backward with her chin resting on her shoulder.
    I tried it and broke her neck no matter how many times I tried.
    A human can do it, G8 and the other Genesis dolls cannot.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like