Not trying to start an argument

Home Page Forums General Chat Not trying to start an argument

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    silverboaX
    Participant

Yup for softer light you can use a plane with an emissive shader on it rather than a light, it pretty much emulates a real world light diffuser.

That said, I feel you can get pretty Good results with a 3 point spotlight setup, softening the shadows is why you have the key light on one side,and a fill light on the other.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@norbertz, I think you probably could get this look but it will be difficult because of the odd hinging properties Daz uses in the neck. But that model is not resting her chin on her shoulder, it's over her clavicle/collarbone. She's not facing past her shoulder but giving a 3/4 view and looking to the extreme right with her eyes. I think it's doable in Daz.

PhantomF4
    Participant

If you examine the photo, you’ll also see that the model’s shoulders are twisted about 30 to 40 degrees from the waist. That’s where the pose process shoul start. Gradual twists starting with the torso and working your way up to the neck.

silverboaX
    Participant

@norbertz - What they said, she doesn't have her chin on her shoulder, the sample render I did she's twisted further than your sample photo.

In your picture her head is angled away from the camera, and her shoulder is up which is giving the illusion from the low camera angle that her head is further down than it really is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys.

I'll either have to shorten dolly's neck or hide the obvious bend with hair.
    Believe me I've tried every movement of G8's torso and it just won't get there.
    Yes I even tried different camera angles but it just doesn't look right.

Back to the drawing board with that pose :/

EvilMonkey
    Participant

The only real issue I can see is that you can't compress the neck, like in an extreme twist. Also the neck on Daz models bends around the bone, rather than the muscle pulling it and the spine/neck bending to suit. So that might be the issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your right, and it's a barrier unlike V4 in Poser where you could twist, bend and contort dolly and it would still look good. I miss Poser's IK 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

*You're* right, and it’s a barrier unlike V4 in Poser where you could twist, bend and contort dolly and it would still look good. I miss Poser’s IK 🙁

silverboaX
    Participant

You can scale the bones if you really want to.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks silverboaX I'll give that a try 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like