[META] Request fillers not allowing sharing?

Home Page Forums General Chat [META] Request fillers not allowing sharing?

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

get rid of the point system altogether no more pts needed for anything

Frank21
    Participant

I rarely take part in the requests but I just did for the Magic Room one. I offered what I thought was a fair amount, not because I need it immediately or because of its dollar price, but because it seems really well made and looks great. If I wasn't on the OAP I'd buy it.
    It's brand new so IMO, and as discussed in other threads, it should have a delayed release so the PA can make some money before it goes into the wild.

ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

yeah there should always be a delay in posting a new item a week or longer some stuff maybe a lot longer considering how new the artist is , but some ppl get soo impatient and they want it right away and I understand that some times you see something u just have to have . 🙂

ulysses
    Participant

As someone who has benefitted from @queensknight kb3d shares, I agree 100% on the points. iirc, I offered 10k for those when I requested them.

Uploaders should be accommodated as much as possible here. As I've posted a gazillion times, they are the lifeblood of this site. They should be able to share what they want, when they want, with who they want (within some reasonable limits that Hunter sets). 90% of sharers are good folks who want everyone to get their items (eventually). The other 10% have reasons that they don't want to do that. But if I really want the new KB3D kits (and I do), then I'll offer a fair price in points. They are usually $100 for the first week or two after release. What's a fair price for that? Only the sharer can determine that. I've been here many years and there are no new ideas that I've seen on how to "improve things". Hunter seems to be satisfied with the way things are and I can live with that.

ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

@Queensknight when the new system comes out what is going to happen with all the current and past requests that have not been filled ? are we going to start over , re-requesting them or is it all going to be moved to the new system ie: something requested six months ago will still be valid and u will have pts taken from ur account and held in escrow until it's filled or u cancel it.

queensknight
    Participant

@itsmenotyou, there's no automated way to (accurately and reliably) convert all of the postings in the Requests forum to the new system, so I imagine that the transition of existing requests will be gradual. New requests would obviously be encouraged to go into the new system, and if there are older requests in the Requests forum that people want to "bump", they could add them to the new system to give them more visibility and then delete them from the Requests forum.

Another way to handle it might be to delete any threads in the Requests forum that are older than some threshold age, and basically treat those as "expired" requests. (The new system has expiry built-in.)

This is an area that could benefit from a "roll up your sleeves" initiative for members who want to contribute by porting requests to the new system, possibly with a points-based reward for the work.

So in a nutshell, maybe a strategy like this:

1. Expire Request forum posts older than XXX days (to get rid of the old stuff)
    2. Encourage new requests to go to the new system (to slow growth of the Request forum)
    3. Offer members some points for pitching in and porting the remaining requests to the new system

It's definitely too big a task to put on the Moderators, and as I said, automating the task would likely be too error-prone, so I'd recommend this be a member initiative 🙂

As far as the status of any requests left in the Request forum after the new system is in place, those would all still operate by the old process--forum threads, manual PMs and points transfers, no escrow, etc.

ItsMeNotYou
    Participant

k thanks 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like