Default Emission Shader for DS 4.10

Home Page Forums General Chat Default Emission Shader for DS 4.10

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    aslag
    Participant

Kind of of topic, how do you @ someone? I seem to be screwing that up.

3Danimenut
    Participant

"@" Symbol and the persons screen name.

@aslag

3Danimenut
    Participant

Yup… I’m a happier Dragon. I really appreciate everyones time in helping me. I try to research as much as possible before asking questions

That's a good thing, No BBQing the villagers, we don't need that.

silverboaX
    Participant

Honestly if you're still using Bryce in 2018 you deserve bad renders 😉 The iRay renderer in DAZ alone is a billion times better than what Bryce can do.

--

on topic - my emissive shader is in shader presets > iray > DAZ uber by default.

I think there should also be an emissive shader script installed by default.

I've thrown it up on mega, i'll leave it there for a couple days just in case you really do need it (install in whatever shader preset directory you like).

PSA - if you have a shader you like you can right click on it wherever it is and select 'create custom action' ... that'll make a script to apply it so you don't have to go find it in the content library every time.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

@silverboax, Good PSA nugget. Very good tip.

Dragon
    Participant

@silverboaX, LOL I love Bryce for certain things like my space scenes. ie; spaceships, my own planets (textures I've created for them) and designing projects for around the house, like my garage and carport, roof for my back deck, floor plans and other misc crap. (great for visualization). It also renders quicker and I don't get the fireflies. EVER! 😉
    Here's a pic of my studio so I could tell where to rearrange things. Its exactly like this only the desks don't have the drawers.
    I have tons of fun with Bryce, but it does have its limitations, just like every other program. But I take what they can do and combine them with each other to make final pieces.
    I'm sure as the days go on I'll learn more about what DS can do, like emissions, and have more tools for the chest. Maybe replace certain aspects that I use other programs for.

Thank you. I'll check that out. Its kind of a pain going to content library, but its better than not having it at all. LOL

Dragon
    Participant

I lightened it up.

Dragon
    Participant

@silverboaX
    I grabbed it. Thank you.

And I just saw pics from someone else that rendered humans in Bryce and they came out 100X better than mine ever have. I'm going to have to investigate.. Poor villagers. They're on the clock again. But hey. They shouldn't have moved in in the foothills of my mountains. 😉

silverboaX
    Participant

Some people use other subsurface texture maps (HD maps) on the DAZ models to make them look better in other rendering engines, might be some of that.

It's a bit of a learning curve but you might want to check out Keyshot, it's an awesome renderer and quite straightforward to use. Very friendly for using HDRI maps and backgrounds.

To get rid of the fireflies in iRay you usually just need to let it render longer, in the progressive render settings kick up the rendering quality and the max time in seconds.

You can err on the side of too much, you can always stop a render in progress and still save the image if it's at a level you're happy with. Sometimes a 10 minute render is great, sometimes it takes a couple hours (YMMV with PC power).

Something else you can do, if you're keen on learning some compositing is to render elements separately and composite them, helps a lot with lots of people to render them separately, not so great if you've got a lot of important reflections in the scene.

Dragon
    Participant

Composite renders is what I was talking about. Sometimes it gets tricky with the lights and shadows, but not something I can't handle. It cuts down on render time as well.
    I'll look into keyshot. It sounds familiar.

3Danimenut
    Participant

Reality 4.3 is something i'm messing with now, seen what it can do at the hands of other artist, was impressive.

Duncan
    Participant

Reality (as I'm sure you know at this point) translates/transfers the textures/shader/materials settings in daz/poser to luxrender. I used it and loved it until the translation/transfer started to have to contend with Iray's values and suddenly the workflow I'd learned and polished from the earliest versions of Reality no longer produced anything resembling, what I wanted/expected. The author of Reality did an excellent job when working with 3Delight settings but I was unable to get any kind of sane workflow together for Iray values - the newer products stopping 3Delight values as time goes on. You acquire 3D content assets expecting them to look generally a certain way, and Reality pre-Iray improved upon that without question - post Iray it was a huge struggle and seemed eventually easier to accept that Iray was an unbiased render engine and could likely get the results desired once a workflow for it was established.

The forums for Reality slowly became quieter and quieter, the twitter account and deviant art communities similarly got quiet. So for my long winded two cents, if you're using V4 - Genesis 1 maybe even 2, then you can likely get Lux via Reality to give you stunning photo realistic results. If you're going to ask it to handle Iray settings using G3/G8 assets from my personal experience... don't. I wish it would get an update - I'd be more than happy to buy yet another upgrade, but have given up for now and populated my runtime with Iray lights and shaders.

Hope my rambling commentary is helpful. Happy Rendering.

Dragon
    Participant

I tried Reality once shortly after I started with Daz again. I just did a face and it seemed OK, but took a lot longer to render. I know I need to seriously update my Nvidia card because you all can run circles around me, but moneys tight. So Iray works good. If one has a good skin texture for G3, you can get some damn nice renders. I'm picky. These characters with basically monotone texturing just look too plastic. Like the old days and Poser. Guess its just a combination of multiple things to get the realism.
    I'm also REALLY enjoying the shaders.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like