Default Emission Shader for DS 4.10

Home Page Forums General Chat Default Emission Shader for DS 4.10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Dragon
    Participant

Does anyone know if there’s a shader parameter in Daz Studio 4.10 called Emission Color?
    I want to make things glow but I can’t find this. I’ve tried to duplicate other items that glow without using lights but my attempts have been futile. All the tutorials I’ve read tell me where its supposed to be, but its not there. Not in surfaces or parameters tabs. It sounds like its a default part of the program.

I’m going to have to go burn some villages if I can’t figure this out.

PhantomF4
    Participant

@dragon

Forgive me if I’m stating the obvious, but did you use that Uber Iray converter shader thing? Also, I’m thinking that the base color can’t be black. Does that apply?

PhantomF4
    Participant

In fact, I think the base color must be white for the parameter to show in the surfaces tab.

3Danimenut
    Participant

The Prop and or Item first has to have and support Emission Surfaces, if it does you would find it under the Surfaces tab/Emission/Emission Color, used Voss Hair as an example, not all props, clothing, etc. support it though, only found this out because i have been messing with Emission Surfaces a lot lately.

Dragon
    Participant

I'm not finding any emissions thingy for anything.
    Right now I'm trying to light up the cryo environment by Stonemason. But I was also playing with another object that had glowing stripes. No emissions for that either but its glowing and I can't replicate it.

3Danimenut
    Participant

Some of Stonemason's older environments where Uberenviroment Based, without that Uber Base added into the render, lighting doesn't show up just a black screen.
    what Object had the glowing stripes?

Dragon
    Participant

I'm thinking its supposed to be a default that wasn't included with the 4.10 upgrade. You're supposed to be able to create a primitive and then use it as an emission light source. I tried and nothing. I haven't seen anything stating the object has to be emission supportable.

3Danimenut
    Participant

If the Prop your using is Uber Based, try this to change it to Iray and allow Emission to be added.

1)Select the item under the Scene tab.

2)Select the item in the Editor under the Surfaces tab. (Select Surfaces and you should see three tabs across the top of the area: Presets, Editor, and Advanced. Click on Editor, find the item you've selected in the Scene tab and click on it.)

3)Go back to Presets, and look for Iray. It will be a sub-level, of Shaders.

4)Click on Iray. Of the items listed, Iray Uber Base should be at the very top of the icons, assuming you don't drill down. Double-click on the Iray Uber Base icon. You should see a window pop-up and close to indicate the item is now using Iray shaders.

5)Go back into the Editor, and double-click on the selected item to display all the parts of that item.

6)Find and select just the part or parts you want to have light up.

7)In the right column, scroll down until you see the Emissions option. It will have a yellow background. Set the color value to white. (Any color will turn it on, but white is a very good starting point.)

8)Additional options will show up after turning Emissions "on." These are the options talked about above.

Dragon
    Participant

It was the Yamaki Rapture..
    There's an uber lighting thing in the middle of the light presets, but everything still comes out black and no way to up the luminescence. I just deleted the lighting and added my own.

Dragon
    Participant

Nope. Don't have the Iray option under shaders. Thats what I'm saying.

aslag
    Participant

Hey dragon, give us a few screen shots of what you're trying to do. That might help.

aslag
    Participant

Oh, it'll be under shader presets\iray\DAZ Uber

Not shaders. That's a whole different thing.

3Danimenut
    Participant

You Don't have this in your list?

aslag
    Participant

Oh crap. I'm going by content library. Disregard what I said, Dragon.

3Danimenut
    Participant

Surfaces tab, top of the window there should be Presets, Editor, Shader Baker
    it's under Presets.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like