What Inspired You To Pursue 3D-Art? ENTRY THREAD

Home Page Forums Art Competition What Inspired You To Pursue 3D-Art? ENTRY THREAD

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    phil
    Participant

Inspired by Alfa Seed/Aery soul etc and realism art

Bot101
    Participant

She's is absolutely adorable! Aery Soul and Alfa Seed have defined 3d Realism unsurpassed by everyone else in their day. I love all these nostalgic entries! The freckles are very realistic and a weakness of mine. Surely I am enjoying this contest all the more. Thank you Phil aka @bean666p. Your entry bonus points have been deposited in your account.

phil
    Participant

Thanks Arthur
    I can only wish to have even 1/100 the talent of them, everything they have ever released has been golden and they go from strength to strength

Nicolas Neumann
    Participant

My submission is almost ready. I'll probably upload same time tomorrow. It'll be a series of 4 renders. I'm kind of anxious as to how people will react.

Any preference as to which hosting site to use?

Bot101
    Participant

Great @tommytomahawk I have your submission bonus already in the cue to transfer as soon as your entry is submitted.

ShadowDemonLord
    Participant

Absolutely loved drawing when I was younger, had some talent but it always lagged behind my imagination.
    As time goes by spare time seems to be become scarcer and your life moves away from childhood fantasy.
    But one of the benefits of age is income and the ability to dabble in hobbies if you so desire.
    I had played with poser/daz on and off over the years but never really connected to it as I would of hoped.
    More recently I had a heap of spare time due to a back injury keeping me off work. Delved once again into Daz and became hooked not in small part due to connecting with like minded people in communities like we have here at zone.

So finally I can let my imagination run free, mix and match to my hearts content and revel in the prospect that I will be learning new things all the time due to that age old adage Quick to learn, lifetime to master.

https://i.postimg.cc/zvRRvQWL/Stevie_Peace_Keeper_Outfit_Audrey_Hair.png

SDL.

Bot101
    Participant

@shadowdemonlord , your Stevie entry made me look outside to see if Autumn had begun! Thank you for entering my contest and your entry bonus points have been transferred to your account.

Nicolas Neumann
    Participant

So, here I am. I discovered I was a sexual deviant at the age of 16, though there'd been signs when I was much younger (at age 5). I am what society would call a 'necrophile', though I hate that term as it's too general (there are many subtastes, many of which disgust me). We suffer a bad reputation because of people like Ted Bundy and Ed Gein. Anyway, I found DAZ in 2009 after viewing death fetish artwork rendered in such a program. I messed around with it more and more and found it an excellent outlet for my unusual 'drive'. My usual works frequently contain violent deaths (by monsters, people, traps, whatever) but for the purpose of this more 'mainstream' audience I've kept my renders mostly clean. They focus more on the 'aftermath' of such an event. I'll leave it up to your imagination to figure out what happened exactly.

Anyway, here they are.

FINAL WARNING: do not click the link if you are offended by nudity, or death.

https://mega.nz/#!Wz5jzSSZ!5WooTNcy-VzVY1j-PNrDm8RGyS2TzlEqyeDOmuVp3x4
    https://mega.nz/#!bupHVYIZ!7bMzVaNr24R7zIV_mDJHjwX5SJNavxTXx7xcVFBgxm0
    https://mega.nz/#!XjwVBAKB!6THCjw-vu0oGGV-dyrwFIrk6QZcNv9ml_sW1FmmM3bc
    https://mega.nz/#!3noVjKSB!LM_ouCuQl1QZP_qQM4nE2HbEd90G1l5zmNC7FZqUjv4

PS. I ended up rendering a lot more in this series because of the usual 'scope bloat', but only these four are tame enough for posting here.

Bot101
    Participant

E-Gads, @Tommytomahawk. quite extraordinary! If you don't mind me asking, are you entering all four as one entry or are you pondering which one to enter? Although, I did not state only one entry per person, it is usually implied. I will however, allow you to enter the four as one entry if you like but if you'll be so kind as to make a collage of the order you'd like them to appear in, please. Thank you. entry bonus already sent to your account.

Matt
    Participant

I've always been the creative type. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, painting through multiple media since my sophomore year in high school, and studied game design in college. I guess it helped that I grew up in an artistic household; my Dad's a well known local musician, and my Mom had her own graphic design company. They both encouraged me to keep practicing. I also grew up around computers, and I don't remember a time without having one in the house.

It was downright inevitable that I made the jump to 3D CGI. It allowed me to create in ways that I've only been able to imagine until now! I still consider myself an amateur, since I only discovered DAZ Studio around November of last year, but the progress I've made has been astronomical!

The image I present is my greatest achievement so far. It took 8 hours to render, since my rig is rather old, but I'm still damn proud of it!

I call it "An Elf in Evereska," after my love of the Dungeons & Dragons world of the Forgotten Realms.

https://i.postimg.cc/nzsCWW8d/Elf.png

Bot101
    Participant

Thank you @matttyr for your entry. I am taken by that large metallic stone that your elf is standing on. But even more so by her confidence as she presents her sword as if to say, "Arthur, I'm here to inspire 3D art!" Your bonus entry points have been sent to your account.

Matt
    Participant

Hey, it's my pleasure! I don't expect to win, especially when I compare An Elf in Evereska to some of the others, but I'm just doing this for fun!

As a side note, I modified the character model to closely resemble my wife, who she's based on.

Nicolas Neumann
    Participant

Alright, Arthur. This will be my official submission.

https://mega.nz/#!72pxxSZD!QUwKxBK1WswwdYR_pkacWdsIl0scFlbFjymGCpwUerc

Nicolas Neumann
    Participant

@shadowdemonlord

My kind of woman. Gorgeous render!

Bot101
    Participant

Lovely entries, everyone! ten more days to get yours in if you haven't already entered.
    Thank all of you in advance as I am truly more inspired than I was before.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like