Render Forever

Home Page Forums General Chat Render Forever

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Kerry Nova
    Participant

@Errilhl

Render 65%
    https://gyazo.com/b937f74251c2a049ee2c0bd1609d6118

Render Settings (taken from the video above)

General
    Pixel Size 512x512

Progressive
    Update Interval (secs) = 300
    Max Samples 15000
    Max Time (secs) = 259200
    Render Quality Enable = ON
    Rendering Converged Ratio = 100%

Spectral Rendering Enable = ON
    Spectral Conversion Intent = faithful
    Spectral Observer = cie1964

My Denoisers are off

Kerry Nova
    Participant

At least it is still working lol
    I haven't had ny "Not Responding" message yet

Kerry Nova
    Participant

https://gyazo.com/b5c4f237c85e0e20d5d212c3069a6a82

Well it's still rendering
    but I can take a screenshot with Gyazo
    and then add anything in Corel DRAW
    and it doesn't look so horrible.
    I think it might work.

I mean it's far from perfect
    but that's the best my PC can do I guess

CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) 145 Processor (2812.84 MHz)
    Memory: 5888 MB
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (Build 7601)
    Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Graphics Card: GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.15.11.8585
    OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

Errilhl
    Participant

Jeez.
    Set update interval at 5sec
    Max samples to 2500
    Max time to 7200 (or higher, if you want, shouldn't be needed)
    Converged Ratio to 98%
    Spectral OFF

Not sure what the stuff after that is - nothing of the things you have there are settings, AFAIK?

Also, you didn't mention what you're using to render. CPU? GPU? If you have a Nvidia GPU, be sure to turn OFF CPU in the Advanced settings. Also, turn off OptiX.

Mike
    Participant

I would change your max samples to something like 600.
    That should be good enough.
    Also, for each figure, I would check the Render SubD level in the general settings. Sometimes if that is too high (i.e. 3 or 4.. usually an HD figure), that can take a lot more time and this had often caused daz to not use my graphics cards and switch over to CPU.

ADAM
    Participant

Usually I just set stuff as high as I think the computer handles and a bit large on the size. scaling down reduced noise and ive gotten decent images stopping at 20%. IMHO it kinda depends on how many lights youre using and how complex the environment is.

Kerry Nova
    Participant

wow @LivingPixels
    that is a lot of data for my newbie brain
    but it is all clearly explained and makes sense.
    So, basically, since my computer sucks,
    I need to keep my Scene as simple as possible,
    with no more than 2 characters,
    render backgrounds separatedly,
    use a strong HDRI source of light,
    remove bump maps, disable SSS and whatever new shit is released,
    and most important, be aware that my computer will never do renders like the ones we see in promo pictures.

Then of course I will tweak the render settings with your recommended values
    and hit FUCKING RENDER.

Patience is my virtue. I'm never giving up.

3Demon
    Participant

Another option:

Compose the scene as you desire, save it, and then ask someone else with a more robust system to render it (I'm not offering, just suggesting. I have enough on my plate).

Of course, they'd need copies of every asset you used, but it would be doable. Maybe offer Zone points for rendering...?

Just a thought outside of the box.

ADAM
    Participant

@littlepleasures

Didnt think about that.

I had a heavy lighted scene with 4 characters and a medium amount of back-round crap that my computer kept crashing on. The way I handled it was to render it in 4 different sections (each character) and glue it together in Photoshop.

As suggested, remove all items you do not need. Remove all lights not in scene, delete a wall if possible if inside, I find that HDRIs are great for global lighting with or without basic lights. Ive killed renders on 5% completion that looked fine to my eyes. I think most people other than a very well trained eye wont notice much on small computer screens and probably notice nothing on phones. Several artist have frickin huge monitors which normal folk dont use or need. If its a hobby have fun and try not to worry much. If you want to make money at it then the only option to create a reasonable work flow (IMHO) is to invest cash in an upgrade.

Kerry Nova
    Participant

@3Demon
    I've thought about that solution

iscaroit
    Participant

So, basically, since my computer sucks,
    I need to keep my Scene as simple as possible...

Not really, you just need to tweak your render settings.
    I'm on a 10-year old computer and I just made this render in Poser.
    https://i.postimg.cc/QMK9kMCX/Render-1.png
    The rendering process took 2 minutes. Took me longer to get the spoon into the guys mouth! 😀
    (Still a wip)
    I didn't use SSS shaders on it, but if I did, it would only have taken about a minute more.

I could completely overdo it with lights and render settings, spend days setting up a million lights and spend even more days figuring out how the light should bounce off the glass or the armor correctly... or I could just set up two lights, render it and be happy with the result - which is what I did.

Your picture looks like it's very overlit. You could achieve the same, if not a better result by just using simple lights and render settings and then editing it in Photoshop.
    https://i.postimg.cc/KzNM4H4L/Render-1-PS.png
    This is the very same image I had rendered earlier, I just gave it a bit of grain and tweaked the contrast and shadows in PS.

(I'm not criticizing you, just explaining a few things)

ADAM
    Participant

You could post the assets involved to see if someone already had them all installed. Ive got a lot of environments but lack a lot of figures since my last reinstall. It could be a lot easier depending on what extra might be needed. Some folks dont like installing a "lot" of stuff they wont use again.

Also some people are more comfortable rendering naughty stuff than others.
    a brief description might be needed.

ADAM
    Participant

If you're going for high key lighting then I think its fine but if not, Ill agree its a bit blown out. Ive had random issues with lighting in Daz. Sonething a simple as deleting one light or changing the hdri fixed the problem. Even light angle or location in the scene changed the quality.

not sure how youre lighting it but try this.
    copy the scene so you have a backup. delete all lights.
    go here https://hdrihaven.com
    Find a bright hdri and use only it. You can rotate it to put the light where you want it. Then make the hdri as bright as needed. It will render a hell of a lot faster than normal lights. At least for me it does.

@iscaroit

I actually liked the first darker image better.

iscaroit
    Participant

@ADAM

Thanks, though I only wanted to quickly show what is possible in postwork. The whole image isn't done yet, it's just something I'm working on atm.

John Lund
    Participant

In my view, since the denoiser was launched, it really isn't meaningful to have more than 300-500 iterations. I really cannot see any difference between let's say 350 iterations and 1000.

The denosier is NOT enabled by default, you will find it under Rendering / Filters if you have Daz 4.12.

I LOVE the denoiser, it has cut my render times to 1/5 or even more.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like