Render Forever

Home Page Forums General Chat Render Forever

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    ADAM
    Participant

Maybe im using it wrong but I feel I loose sharpness with the denoiser.

becca
    Participant

@d0gg0d Adam I feel the same, almost cartoon like if ran for a long time!
    My times to render are pretty good though, currently using a 1080Ti which isn't bad but I'm waiting for the new 3000 Series from Nvidia, come on release it already! haha

EdnaCloud
    Participant

Nothing at that size should take that long to render, but you knew that already. You can turn a few of those values down. Typically my update interval is set at around 5 seconds, max samples is 5000, max time is 7200. Converged can drop to 95 or even 90. You probably don't need spectral rendering turned on either, that can be slower.

And finally for now, are you using just one light and what kind is it ?

EdnaCloud
    Participant

@LivingPixels Must admit I had been lazy and looked at the last page of the thread, hadn't seen the 'rig' details. Just those high numbers for what is a simple scene.

There are a few things people should take into consideration when using an unbiased render engine such as IRay. When you hit render, it sends RAYS out from the light source. These rays will either hit something or not. The computer will have a ray length and number of bounces to calculate for each sample. Consider using a back drop, a plane primitive on end behind your main scene. Don't apply a shiny surface to the backdrop though. Another one acting as a ground can help. Even better consider using an HDRI.

Think about the resolution. If you set the length and width to around 70%, you will roughly halve your render times.

Finally, for now, consider using a one click solution to reduce the quality and thus the length of time it takes to complete a render. Something like ( https://zonegfx.com/modular-lights-render-studio/ ) might be a good start 😉

Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like