Simple question

Home Page Forums General Chat Simple question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anna1945
    Participant

Let us assume for the moment I do not use detracker on a RenderHub file.
    I am caught.
    Now.
    I am banned from RenderHub, with the usual warning signs.
    Now
    What is the next step?
    Has anyone ever received a followup threat, notice, legal action.
    For months people have been advising me of multiple emails, multiple identities.
    Besides rumors does anyone know (underline know) of anyone who has ever
    faced any other consequence besides banning.
    Thank you for your time

Frank21
    Participant

I think @Bad_mojo was probably right with, "law enforcement have better thing to do than chase down...."
    I guess it a matter of degree and who (how rich/powerful) you are pissing off.... Kim Dotcom for example made himself a huge target.
    And no, I haven't ever heard of anyone getting more than a ban.
    Personally I haven't shared or downloaded for a long time but only because I don't use DS anymore and just hang around to share art and give opinions, and not because I've had some moral epiphany.

tokyiro
    Participant

to be fair, i agree with the "they have better things to do" plus i dont think law enforcement cares that much about it if you are not making money out of it.

OFC it has exceptions,for exemple a seller might want to take you to court by himself becuse of that, but i doubt anyone or any seller would take someone to court becuse of a thing that costed 100$ specialy since court and legal bills would cost alot more then that for both parties

Anna1945
    Participant

Thank you both!!!

Frank21
    Participant

In the days before VPN I once got my IP address banned by a 3D sharing site simply by clicking on a link. I hope that doesn't give anyone ideas about planting malicious links with shares 😖.
    I guess we should be happy with what we've got (away with) so far.

Anna1945
    Participant

So far!!!

Frank21
    Participant

I heard that the LEA is only going after those Rank 5 and above. Phew that was a close one 😊.

NobunagaOda
    Participant

I have tried the detracker on several products lately and they do not get "detracked". Must I assume they were clean?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like