Puritans at Daz

Home Page Forums General Chat Puritans at Daz

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Ethiopia
    Participant

@abad, that's hilarious!
    Religion makes me laugh and shake my head.

Charley
    Participant

@Anna1945 I have no idea. Quite possibly they've upgraded to bespoke silken socks for the purpose. lol

@frank22
    I know; politics and religion are usually taboo, and I've never before made mention of either -save to tell someone who was virtue signalling, that instead of making artwork dedicated to Ukraine, they should try giving practical help - but it brought back fresh memories of my mother's passing and of how she was treated before she died. I know I shouldn't have reacted, but I found it childish and unnecessary to make such a comment. I'm no religious fanatic, myself, but it still irked me.

If the comment had been something like: ''The Christians are going to have a field day with this character''. Fine, but the rest was unwarranted.

ADAM
    Participant

I find it interesting that for some odd reason Jesus gets a lot more press that other religions. I rarely see YouTubers debating the existence of Krishna or the impact Druids had on humanity. Its apparently always some denomination of Christian hate. Ive yet to see a comedian make fun of Osiris. Some other religion comes up you might get bombed.

Jesus was probably the best Buddhist out there just under Buddha himself. Energy supposedly can just be converted and not destroyed? (could be wrong Ive never been the brightest bulb on the planet) and scientifically, matter cant spontaneously be generated from nothing... and,and the JW telescope seems to have reset most scientific theories on the the universes age and creation. Id say creationist have just as valid a theory as anyone else.

That said, I'll walk the middle for now. He more than likely existed and probably taught. I doubt he was a GOD but technically if you have seen my dad you've seen me. We look almost exactly alike at our perspective ages.

If the discussion is kept civil i see no reason to destroy the freedom of speech.

ADAM
    Participant

@pooper

Several years ago I saw a woman with a butt so big her toddler was actually riding on it. 100 the truth. Some people have abnormal proportions if there is a "normal"

Body builders are grossly over muscled. While in Vietnam I saw a Vietnamese guy a head taller than me and I'm 6'3".

Charley
    Participant

@D0gg0d You're absolutely right with regards to those who believe in freedom of speech. A reasoned discussion should always be faciliated. Where I come from, we have freedom of speech up to a point, and have very stringent defamation laws.
    For example; I know the threshold for what constitutes defamation is high in the US, but here, if you print a cock and bull conspiracy theory about another individual without proof, you're in legal hot water. Same goes for slander.

Personally, as I said, I'm not religious, but it did hurt to see something that gave such peace and comfort to my late mother, who suffered at the end of her life, mocked. Maybe, it's because my grief is still fresh, or maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm almost eight months pregnant and my hormones are all over the place. Usually, I can ignore comments like that.
    I hope I didn't bring a pall of doom and gloom over the forum. 🙂

Frank21
    Participant

I wasn't being deep Charley, just pointing out that some people will inevitably use Daz Jesus for pron thereby nullifying any of it's religious and/or historical significance. I know that's no reason for Daz not to release a 3D Jesus, or any human (or animal) figure, but it will happen.
    My mother was also a committed Catholic who prayed hard that my father would survive his illness. But when that didn't happen she essentially gave up on religion.

ADAM
    Participant

@reinecarola

Bringing doom and gloom is usually my realm. For instance wait till your child becomes a teenager. Congratulations BTW.

Charley
    Participant

@D0gg0d Lol

Thanks! He's due on the fifth of May. 🙂

Charley
    Participant

@frank22 I know that. It's just the ''whayy heyy let's encourage it'' sentiment that pissed me off. A lot of people equate Christian with cruel, hypocritical evangelical Puritan, which is not always the case.

Mine was the opposite. My dad passed when I was a kid and it just made her stronger in her faith. She always maintained it got her through the tough times. And, if it makes someone happy and they feel it gives them hope and strength, and helps them promote decency and kindness; who am I to pour scorn on it. 🙂

Anna1945
    Participant

Frank21.....What is rule 34?

Frank21
    Participant
    Anna1945
    Participant

Oh!!!
    That Rule 34!

Ethiopia
    Participant

We should make up some rules pertaining to piracy.

Frank21
    Participant

Rule 35...... art comps must be held every 6 weeks.
    Rule 36...... nobody will mention 3Duk again.
    Rule 37...... Ethiopia (and Adam) must be kind to everyone in the forums.

Ethiopia
    Participant

I AM kind!
    ...kind'ove.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like