Lesser Points?

Home Page Forums General Chat Lesser Points?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Spanky
    Participant

July 6, 2020 5:37 am 25.00 Points for site visit
    July 5, 2020 4:48 pm 100.00 Points for site visit

Is there a reason why the site visit points did go down that much? 🙁
    I love sitting on a lot Points 😀
    I just collect them for fun, so... more = better :3

why get they lowered? Because of the disscusion about the "Leechers" in the one thread?
    (I saw it but it was too long, I was too tired to read ALL... just readed the initial post).

Edit, just checked the Thread:
    (https://zonegfx.com/forums/topic/providers-vs-leechers/#post-1612360) the last Message from Hunter says it and then closed :<

Demelza81
    Participant

Ah, I missed the discussion.

I'm not an active contributor with content. I thought my buying points every few months was contribution enough to the service, but it seems not? As I said, I've no idea how to contribute content - and even then I'm pretty sure what I legally own has already been shared by others.

Antharaes
    Participant

Yeah, same as @Demelza81. I use old content and create new from those. And the stuff i do have, is already shared.

Dynasty
    Participant

I have contributed content to the site, but after the item goes into circulation the points you get from them fades away as well. Very rarely you might see someone buying the product you've uploaded, unless you've uploaded hundreds or thousands of things on the site. But for the regular people that is not possible and not the case. Please, consider returning the points back to 100. It is actually impossible to collect enough and offer points for something in the "Request" forum with just 25 points that are not enough to buy even 1 product.

Hunter
    Keymaster

We are testing ... 25 is not fixed
    So please give us a bit time.

SevenOfEleven
    Participant

As if the guys that come here every day and accumulate their points were the big problem. People who are copying this site every day are in need of tons of points and they are usually getting them by re-sharing items they got from other - often closed premium sites or private sharing stashes.

So many of the great contributors Zemlon might worship for sharing so nicely are exactly the guys that are stealing his stuff in the first place. Because let's be honest you can't copy the stuff posted on this site with 2 downloads / day.

I'd like that the admins would check how many of the points collectors are really downloading the items that have been re-shared or are even downloading items at all. Therefor I doubt that downgrading the visiting points will have much effect...

But hey, there must always be a group of people you can blame for the problems of this world.

super santos
    Participant

I thought I would have been able to upload a few of the items missed after zemlon removal but they were filled so quickly, I was able to upload just one and it seems it needs to be approved first..
    all the others items I'm checking are basically all restored and uploaded by just few guys, so no luck 🙁

Elim
    Participant

^ I noticed that also. It seems Zemlon removed the links and rather quickly other people had uploaded new links.

I like the idea that the 25 points is only temporarily. Doesn't bother me that much as I have around 200k plus in points. Heck if anyone is short with points, I have zero problems in giving them 1k (if they ask). I've got a few items that I've brought over the last week - that should upload at some stage. Doing my art is more important for me.

coolcat
    Participant

If any of you want to post some stuff i have five products that had take down notices (the links were pulled) you could re-post them and try to get points from them, you would need to use your own links tho. give me a pm if your interested.

Ethiopia
    Participant

This is an attempt to address the problem of people NOT contributing to the site. Rather, they accrue points by visiting every day and download items. Over the past 4 1/2 years many of us have noticed that fewer and fewer people are posting new content.
    The site ONLY works if everyone contributes. It doesn't take much. Posting something original every few months will give you plenty of points (unless you have a hoarding problem and have to have EVERYTHING that's posted here).
    Not knowing how to post doesn't wash, it's clearly detailed in the FAQ and plenty of people will help you the first time.
    Whining about not having any money to buy content doesn't wash either. You bought a computer, you pay for internet access, you pay your rent or mortgage, you buy your food, you have a car.....get it? This is a hobby and you can't expect other people to fund it for you. Paying your own way in life is part of being an adult. It takes very little to contribute to this place; a lousy 15 bucks every few months to buy something you really want is all that's required. I only buy stuff every couple of months but I still have more points than I can use and have given lots away to new people I've invited to the site. The best way to get points is to buy something that a bunch of people have requested. Some requests can exceed ten thousand points.
    Leeches and parasites who feel entitled to a never ending stream of free stuff has been a problem ever since we pirates started sharing. The recent changes will hopefully force more people to contribute.
    And please give a big thanks to Hunter and the other mods who run the show. They contribute their most valuable resource...their time, to make this place tick. They deserve our gratitude and support for making it all possible.
    E.

eelgoo

We always try to listen to constructive criticism &

@hunter
    is always attentive & helpful, being open to reviewing the situation.

@ethiopia

Well, that makes a refreshing change from being called names.

Thank you.

🙂

geomes
    Participant

Yeah, same as @Demelza81, However if my cash is not good enough , and i have spent loads on here then i will go elsewhere, its not the points but the fact the tail seems to be wagging the dog that bothers me.

coolcat
    Participant

I think u have the wrong idea of whats being said @geomes , no one said that ppl that buy pts are not contributing , it's ppl that dont buy pts or don't share items that are not contributing.

eelgoo

OK, I'll state it again.

What we are attempting to do, in a balanced fashion, is encourage more members to publicly upload.
    If people don't upload, there is nothing to share.
    I don't know why so many folk take it as a personal slight if they do not get their way.
    The intention is not to upset members & have them flounce off in a huff, but to try to improve the function of the site.
    If nothing is done, members will feel they are being ignored, so we sometimes have to wade through rants to try to assess what the actual point is, before anything can be addressed, if we feel it needs to be.
    If we don't listen to input & try tweaking things, we will never know the result.
    Nothing is set in stone, if it doesn't work as intended, it will probably be tweaked again.

Have patience, people, calmly explain your point of view in a reasoned manner.
    It makes things a lot easier.

Antharaes
    Participant

@eelgoo, as i already said before, it's that not some are unwilling to upload, but the things they want to share are already on the site. I use my points to d-load older items and create new one out of those. Only for personal use. I don't own new stuff, only older versions of characters and clothing. I kitbash and convert them into other items, that i can use for myself.

So i don't have anything to share. And i know, i'm not alone in this.

I still use gen 2 and vic 4, convert clothing, kitbash into new ones, re-work the uv maps and re-texture them. I don't buy newer items, because frankly 3 triangles and a shoelace, doesn't make a bikini...And if you have 1 character, you have them all, with the converters. And with the dials, that come with Daz or Poser.

I don't d-load prefab scenes, i can get those for free around the internet. Same goes for furniture and nature products.

With that in mind, it's not that i don't want to share, but simply because i have nothing of value to share.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like