Lesser Points?

Home Page Forums General Chat Lesser Points?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Me
    Participant

I read a lot of this and some of the other thread. I, much like most everyone else here, rarely have anything that isn't already here. That being said if one of the people , like legolas, has too much content and not enough time, I would gladly upload a few items a week or month for someone. My net is shite but it a way to contribute.

Also on a side tangent, if I could redeem my points to the site or anyone for a that amount Daz gift card it would ensure that more content would come back here, right? Like say some of the people who purchase point buy mine instead. So instead of 400 I would give a bit more say 600. then get a $5 gift card from Daz. I go buy something I want then ,after I've made my art, post it here to give back to the community. Circle of life is completed. Love the ideas, hate them.. wanna burn down my house? Let me know.

barc
    Participant

@zemlon, while I have some problems with things here, like I wrote, I have no problems with the leeches and parasites on Zone. I understand that's the way it is. But monk and hunter are good people. Even eelgoo 😉 No complaints at all about how hunter runs this place and monk is nothing but helpful from what I've experienced. eelgoo seems to have become the new tomsk - the level-headed peace-maker. Chill bro. This only works if we all stick together.

Dynasty
    Participant

This discussion is getting very hard to keep track of. Lol. But it's super entertaining to read. @Zemlon in particular makes me chuckle a lot.

AnjaBear

Back when I started here at ZoneGFX there were a couple of people who attacked me no only for being a woman, but for not knowing how to "share", (as I didn't have my own MEGA at that time). Several users got together to BULLY ME to the point where I broke down in tears and wanted to leave the site - believing that everyone here were vicious sexist, misogynistic assholes. Hunter and Eelgoo and Monk saw this behavior, and at that time I was using all my points to start Requests for stuff I wanted to get for my son who liked making renders, as well as for myself.

Two or three users started calling me the most horrific names - claiming I was a (list of expletives applying to a loose woman) and then called a cancer, and I should die or leave the site. All because I didn't have my own MEGA to share from.

Hunter gave me my first MEGA accounts, and Monk showed me how to get fake emails to set more up.

Since I started - I have over 40 Active MEGA accounts each with 15GB of stuff on it which I share with this site, including Pro Bundles, Addons, Extras, Scenes, and new stuff. Over time, I have tried my best to start requests and get others interested in throwing some points into the pot, to appeal to users who NEED POINTS to get more stuff, that really is the entire point of offering points for stuff, to get the stuff into the cycle faster here. If someone tells me they want to remain anonymous or don't have time for a MEGA of their own, then I offered to take the item, post it and give them a number of points to make up for them not earning off them. Or they give them to Monk and he posts.

Some of the MEGAs we are using are shared between Monk and Myself, or Hunter and Myself, and we try to post the items on there if no one else does.

We added the rules in March where after 7 days of fulfilling a Request you must post the item in the blog. That seems to work pretty well, and stocks up our Blog.

HOWEVER, someone, as it was mentioned earlier from here downloads from our Blog for 50 points and then posts the entire collection per day to other sites. And we cannot prevent that from happening.

The private requesting sometimes prevented harvesting by other 3D share sites out there who are actually making cash-money off our shares.

I try my best to assist newbies on here who claim they don't have many points, and ask them to get involved in requesting things even if its only for 100 points. just to get the flow of things going that they want.

I have been known to welcome newbies here by giving them points from my own account so they can get something they really want.

The bitching and complaining about what a bit** and who** and a cancer I am, has reduced, and most who know me, know I want the best for this site.

As I stated I have 40+ MEGAs, and I'm sharing thousands of dollars of products I have purchased or my circle of friends and I have purchased. Anything you get from me in one of my shares - I got from the source, and try even to update them when an update is released. I do not share stuff I got from another share - cause I don't know if it's the real deal - so I share only what I know is real.

And I have caught a number of external sites using my MEGA links, by taking them from the blog and reposting them on external sites.

I have learned to change my own blogpost links without anyone knowing I did from time to time (advantage of being a moderator), but everyone can do it actually.

People who post stuff stealing others' links, are bound to get a bad surprise if the owner of the products file a DMCA Takedown with MEGA or MediaFire or whatever you are using - and you have no control over it.

Best to host the stuff yourself and control and redo your links once in a while.

Anyway - I don't understand why there are two factions attacking one another here.

And calling each other names is like something my sons did when they were still wearing diapers. I guess some people are still wearing theirs.

Pirates whining about pirates pirating other pirates pirated goods, which they themselves pirated, and now are pissed off that other pirates are pirating what they pirated from other pirates - just is a clusterfuck and totally stupid.

Don't you think?

Honestly. Kindergarten crap. Time to change collective diapers children.

AnjaBear

Dynasty
    Participant

So now there's global conspiracy that Monk is stealing all the content from the site and posting it as his own. Monk, how dare you?

Edit:

Well said, @Anjabear I am really sorry you had this awful experience with some "individuals" just because you were a woman. That says more about them than anything else, really. And thank you for all the contributions you've done to the site. You are awesome!

LK Saint
    Participant

I'm sorry to hear what has happend to you AnjaBear, Like I said In my prevoius Comment There's always some people who will complian, insult or harrass to others users, We have to learn to be kind and respecfully each others as a community as a Human Beings,
    I wish there was an anti-bullying on this site.
    The problem here is that many users aren't happy that the stuff that they post ended up showing up in others sites. When a Zone's member posts something, they do it for this site and not to make it appear in another one, I belive that's why some people here are Angry, because they trusted their stuff in this site. I wish that Hunter-Monk explian to the members from here the thruth about this acusation from Zem but right now Its just Silence

ozzy
    Participant

@anjabear
    Catch some respect, and no have things about regret.
    We haven’t met yet,
    But it’s be cool if it so happens that.
    You make our empty lives a bit better…
    And probably, this must something matter.
    * Sound of guitar strings

// Sorry for my English, this is not my native language

// ps Check pm please

ozzy
    Participant

Ok, ok… May be... But hey, stop! What if this cat jst use Yes on "Continue screen"?

We need more havy arguments, @legolas18

Hm… Hey, @simsgirl2017, @coolcat, what you will do, in this case, on that cat place?)

AnjaBear

Thanks for the positive comments people.

I'm thinking of making a sticky in the Requests Forum, in which i will simplify some things about Requesting, Sharing, Blogposting, and points etc.

A number of people seem to want guidance and they could benefit from a good Requests 101 post. Plus i wouldn't have to run after so many disorganized posts which take time to make effective if they are just thrown into the forum.

I'll try to make a visual guide which is current and in keeping with the newest rules to make everything easier to understand and follow.

I'll get with Monk and Eelgoo on this, and i think everyone will benefit from it.

Cheers from Berlin,
    AnjaBear

Tony Joseph
    Participant

@AnjaBear

@Legolas18

@oddytemper

Love the posts - couldn't agree more with everything that was said!
    I needed a good giggle after all the drama going on. All I'm hearing from @zemlon is a whole lot of whining about what happens here. As far as I'm concerned, I have posted a LOT of content here, and since I don't use any other site, I have NO idea how much of or how soon it showed up on any other site. WHY SHOULD I CARE?? The content I post was purchased by me (with ONE exception), and it was my decision whether or not to post it, with the one exception in which case I was given permission to post it.

Anja said it best:

Pirates whining about pirates pirating other pirates pirated goods, which they themselves pirated, and now are pissed off that other pirates are pirating what they pirated from other pirates – just is a clusterfuck and totally stupid.

Peace to all! Be safe, stay well...

P.S. as far as the points are concerned, I wouldn't mind seeing sales rewards going up a little; not that it would benefit me all that much since I already have over half a million points, but it may be a better incentive for the newer people to post some of their purchases here (if they have anything that hasn't already been posted), not to mention bounties they can receive for filling requests.

Morri
    Participant

And it looks like the daily points have gone up to 50, which basically means one item per day for just logging in. The experiment continues! Thanks @hunter!

Kucing Hitam
    Participant

From the past thread (seeders vs leechers). Zemlon said 'I have some dear and true friends here. Monk is one of my favorites.'

Yet in this thread, he questioning about Monk
    'Has no one of the audience here tried to figure out where the hell Monk gets all of his downloads from? Either he’s beyond filthy rich – or – he has other sources outside… I mean, the man is contributing a shitload of stuff here – every day! Even the newest stuff hardly is advertised at DAZ before it winds up here, courtesy of… MONK!'

and now come up with a story someone posted item been deleted then posted again by Monk

It makes me wondering his term of true friend

ozzy
    Participant

// Many banality will be in this message. I warn you. Just run. Realy. //

I just summarize my vision reasons, why some peoples was selfburned)
    Any system can works not as except developers and users. This normal thing, because always we have side factors, wich can take effect on long time distance.

I came here, as many guys with, nacked ass. All have personal reasons on that.
    Somebody have money to buy assets, somebuy not, but they try get some fun with 3d, like me.
    But many people came here by on simple reason. It's reason, why and i found zone - content came from here. I can find many things only here.

On start it's piss me off a bit. It's normal reaction must free content lovers, consummers, not vendors or contributors.

As result, we have next types of mind types.
    - I'm contributor. I have vote. My stuff - my rules. Or play by this rools, or i shoot you.
    - I'm ready to play by fair rules, what allow grow interesting and content rich community. If i cant to do someting for community, i just ready to wait some time, when i can get free elf nacked titts on my screen with nice pony tail hair, ok.
    - Wtf, give me all content, what i want. I dont want wait it or do for that. Just give me it or i leave shit under your door while you will sleep. Boo.

It's simplified, exaggerated, as i plan it, yes, especially. No need catch my excerpt words and slap them my skinny ass.

Content reposts make other sites ownres. As we can understand, it's must be third type of users, if the will connect to discuss. But specialy type.

All motivations is simple and understandable.

Some contributors dont care, what will after share. It's cool, realy.
    But some of thier just whant something else. They whant to make place, there their seeds grows, not on fileds some random abstract guys, but on own backyard.
    This seeds grow in new content or some creative works, or useful posts or something else.
    Fair? I think - yep.

Can this guys dictate us? No, fock that, lets fun beat them!

This guys whant something bad? It's no so simple qustion as prev)

Owners of Zone make big work. Respect.
    We have create.zone. I just look on that a while.
    My hands just broken, and i draw a hors, but get mix rom some other animals, or may be alians, i still try understand that wtfisthisomg.
    But, sometime, may be, we will loud make laugh together, looks on some creepy shit what i makes.

But what if i dont.

- Some peoples have money and don't have free time. Ok, they can buy points and helps pay bills for place, where our cool club hosts.
    - Some peoples dont have opportunity by content or points. But the have time.
    Time is resource to. Just need to balance convert it.
    As example they can makes reuploads. This create problem - checking that stuff more detailed. But this theme for separate discuss may be)
    - I just dunno, for a while, wat i can add in this place. Hope, what thats temporaly.

Decrease free rewards and rise costs per assets can't beat all planet evil, but can some slowdown content spread on other sites.

As result, when abstract John Applesid will search some content, we have more chances, what that dude came here. May be stay here, or may be do something here… How knows this dude.

// ps

Spanky
    Participant

I didnt intended to restart the disscussion again ;(

ulysses
    Participant

Spanky wrote: I didnt intended to restart the disscussion again ;(

Agreed. This thread has devolved into the same discussion as before, which was closed. Maybe @hunter can create a temp sticky that explains what he's doing with points and update as he makes changes. Whining about points is really becoming tiresome, especially since they have absolutely no real value.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like