Lesser Points?

Home Page Forums General Chat Lesser Points?

Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Spanky
    Participant

@barcgwcc you just have to google for the Product names, then you get to the sharing pages.
    One I know from my Mind is 3d-load, fun fact: Someone posted there in the comments that it gets all from THIS (here) Site so... thats how I got informed about zone 🙂
    I always just used 3d-load but its without any community, its just a 1-man Site.

I would say renderstate is also such a site 😉
    Google is showing you so easy where to get the files ;)....

tbh. I didnt knowed "this way" as I started, I got the Links via Tor from a 3D Forum.

Archie Mellon
    Participant

Okay, I think Zemlon's just trolling at this point. The guy made a huge show of "I'm going away, you're gonna lose my valuable contributions", yet here he is, responding to threads.
    Dude, you're a pirate whining about how other pirates behave. Get over yourself and get out. Can a mod please lock this thread?

barc
    Participant

@spankyboy, oh I know there are a lot of sharing sites. But like you said, 3dload and render-share don't provide anything new. They just get stuff from here. And there are the Russian-based sites, the Chinese-based sites, the Korean-based sites and the herd-of-cats sties all over the place. But they don't get stuff that I don't see here.

As I said, I've shared stuff privately here that has never made it out to the other sites. I've done it less than a handful of times, but that tells me those other sites aren't the source of most of the things in the wild, Zone is. If I'm wrong, I ask again for someone to share these other free and public sites that are out there. If there's a site out there that produces even 10% of what Zone produces, it would be worth using.

Shyne
    Participant

From reading everything, this thread has managed to be a lot more civil than the other one. Importantly, it's also introduced a lot more voices to the discussion and some really good ideas have been put forwards.

Rather than locking threads, I would suggest that the threads themselves are actively moderated and that a "forum etiquette" is required and enforced.

As I said in the previous thread, what we have here that cannot be shared, stolen, downloaded or taken by other sites is our community.

With the way this site works, there is no earthly way to stop other sites taking from here. There aren't even adequate methods of tracking those who take from here to share to other sites. Without walling Zone off and making it extremely inaccessible (thereby defeating the point of the site) as well as heavily policing/ban-hammering people, things from here will be shared elsewhere and I think we just need to accept that.

Is the availability of content on those other sites stopping Zone from being what it is? Are any of us personally losing out because of it? Does it stop any of us here from sharing or creating? Do I lose sleep because something I posted here has appeared on 3Dload?

No. To all of the above.

An important life lesson - Value what you have and build on the foundations you've set, don't waste time complaining about things that cannot be changed and focus instead on what can be improved here.

@Zemlon
    - Can you just stop please? The nature of your posting is just unpleasant and you've not yet managed to be civil. You can quote Dostoevsky all you want but you've literally defeated your own argument by using your double edged moral sword without proper training.

As you quite rightly pointed out, it cuts both ways. Therefore if you commit digital piracy by posting items here, you cannot complain about digital piracy being committed upon yourself. If you don't want to leave the site and you want to contribute, that's fantastic but for the love of all things, behave like a real grown up.

@anjabear
    - I would like to say a huge thank you and that I think you're awesome. From when I first joined here to now, you've been absolutely lovely and have helped me whenever I needed it. You've also filled my requests almost as soon as I posted them and I truly appreciate all the hard work and kindness you put in here.

I've been around on the internet for a long time and, as a woman, have had every epithet and insult possible thrown at me purely because of my gender. There have been many times when I've despaired at the attitude people take because they're behind the safety of a screen or the anonymity of a nickname and it can definitely get under your skin. I'm truly sorry that you've had to deal with that as well and I am definitely glad that you're here.

barc
    Participant

Meh. @zemlon brings up good points. His tone is a bit problematic though for sure.

I don't agree with his attacks on hunter. If hunter can make money off this site, I support that 100%, regardless of how he does it.

To my friend zemlon, I recommend you take ethiopia's advice from the previous thread. He also had problems with leechers and other sites back in the day. He took some time off and came back refreshed and back to his old happy, level-headed self.

This stuff doesn't matter to 99% of visitors to this site. It's using a computer to draw scenes and tell stories, most of us doing it in our spare time. But if you're one of those whose life revolves around DAZ, then I recommend you learn how to use maya/3ds-max, blender, zbrush and C4d. Then you can create whatever you want. Once you get good at it, you can crank out a basic character in less than a day and a basic environment in a weekend. At some point, DAZ will probably try and address the pirating issue. Best to be prepared when that day arrives.

CerealPirate
    Participant

well this was once a good site. I hold a RG account and Zonegfx was still a must go to for hard to find/ one offs even with the old limitations. as it sits we cant even download 1 model if we are sitting on zero. at least with the old setup we could snag 2 models or have the ability to visit once a day for a week and grab a higher priced one. 25 points per visit smh this is just sad. i really dont know what you guys were thinking this would accomplish by tightening the screws on your loyal visitors. this is not the way to get us to send in money. I hope you guys see the error in your ways and return back to the old point allowance.

Angel_twins
    Participant

Nvm, I posted crap :s

ulysses
    Participant

It's now 50 points, not 25, as Hunter said a few days ago.

Frank21
    Participant

As I said previously, I've shared some items and I'm still getting points from them. Mostly stuff that's no longer available to buy. I would like to share more except the process for doing so is quite convoluted with a dozen steps to go through.
    If I could just provide a link to a file and those running this site did the image and file host stuff then I'd be sharing a whole lot more.

Ethiopia
    Participant

@frank22,
    Oh come on now, the process for posting items couldn't be easier. You follow the simple step by step instruction and it's done.

Viewing 10 posts - 106 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like