🎈237,000.00 points. Contest🎈

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › 🎈237,000.00 points. Contest🎈

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1872421
    Ondrej
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Tedthelearner was very professional and smart

    #1872478
    tedthelearner
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    @Ondrej @Frank22 thank you very much for the kind words, Glad you enjoyed, it really is such a simple trick, just set your camera lens type to Spherical and the render will come out in a full 360 .. the only hard task is now you have to pay attention to what is happening behind the view port as well. 🙂

    #1873204
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    And yes,.,. We have a new great image. This is getting really exciting. Still 6 day to go...🖼️

    #1873469
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Today I couldn't really sleep and then I took a look at our competition and what did I see? Spats has made it. Another cool picture.

    So we still have 5 days....And then...and then...

    #1873612
    Ondrej
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Yes. This is really funny render from @Spats. I like that expression. 😀

    #1873990
    Ondrej
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    I love @ThomasBr 's work. But isn't it against the rules to use PS?

    #1874024
    Eve Adams
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 6

    Pretty sure it's not against the rules to use PS @ondrej. I sure hope it isn't because, in my entry, I used it to create a new face for the street clock, and, since my old clunker of a system is running a 1060 GTX, I had to render in stages and assemble it all in PS.

    #1874133
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Hooray It's raining pictures. We now have 16 cool renders. One even more beautiful than the other. A feast for the eyes, I should say.


    @ondrej
    You can of course use PS. For me it is a tool for a purpose. You can read the rules again. Only AI should not be used. But you do not need to be worried.

    #1874483
    Spats
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    Moved from Discover the Streets Contest thread.

    "Which is a benchmarking point I was curious about. I’m far more used to portraits and far fewer assets/figures/objects/polygons in a typical scene. This one, for example, had DS & my system on it’s knees – even having to re-enable CPU fallback just to get a render going at higher res. (I never use CPU fallback unless absolutely necessary, just my personal taste.) Just wondering everyone else’s experience in this particular project. (Obviously varies greatly by hardware, and definition of “normal” or “typical” scene metrics for a given user and their tastes.)"


    @frank22

    If that’s a volumetric (VDB) trail in your image it could be why it’s taxing your system resources.
    My RTX 2080 complained a bit because I did quite a few preview renders, but after restarting DS it rendered in about 15 minutes.
    What GPU do you have Spats?

    They are VDB trails, yes. But previously have not had fallback or mem issues with such. At least not on their own or with a few figures. Truly believe it's the size of the scene, this time, affecting the usage.
    I'm using an RTX 2070. It handles things quite well, even when I don't fully optimize a scene. This time not so much. Big big stuff.
    This full scene, for example, would not render without CPU fallback, like I say, no matter what. But the subscene I created to inject (inclusive of all except the Stonemason environment itself) rendered fine without need for CPU fallback, and in normal timeframe (roughly 20 min for a non-UHD render, exclusively on the GPU). So, all other things being equal, I have to believe it's the size and detail of the Stonemason scene itself which up-ed the requirements.


    @ondrej

    I was push the limits of my 3060. It was around 11400MB when I was rendered the scene. So my work is not my imagination, it was my limitation in a limited system. 🙁

    Thanks for info. Yes I can relate. But usually with the only tradeoff being the length of render time, I'm often willing enough to just wait longer for the output - depending on the need or intention.

    #1874497
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    I suppose if you're only rendering a part of the scene you could delete the bits that aren't in view if geometry/textures are a problem.

    #1874574
    Ondrej
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    @frank22 You are right. It's just that in my scene, the invisible elements occupied a negligible size on the video card.

    #1874782
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    So, good morning folks. You still have 24 hours to create a stunning image. Then it's really over. By the way, yesterday another fine render came in.

    When the competition is over, I need time to rate your image. So please be patient. Ok, see you on the other side....

    #1875017
    Ondrej
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    Very good artwork @Ewlo ! Congratulations!

    #1875122
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    So dear people. Time is up. I will now close the competition.
    And now the best part...The rating of many entries. I have looked at the pictures every day and had to realize that there are so many damn good entries. All have something to say. It will be a difficult time for me. So please be patient. I really don't know when the results will roll out...Good luck

    #1875693
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Hi guys. I am here to finish the contest and publish the winners. I still need a little time. I hope that I will manage it by tomorrow.
    So...still a little wait.
    Also need to talk to @hunter about sending the points to the winners.
    Everything will be fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like