🎈237,000.00 points. Contest🎈

Home Page › Forums › General Chat › 🎈237,000.00 points. Contest🎈

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1871464
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Hey guys, How's it going? Everybody working hard?
    We have 2 entries. Both very good. And we have a wonderful present from @gladson1976. Thanks so much.

    #1871480
    Spats
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    Man, this has really gotten up there.

    Where do all the points come from? If it's not too forward a question.

    @lucafeelgood
    I seem to understand you fronted the primary, what was it, 200K; but the other 35 on top of it now?

    Are contests always so... generous in these parts?

    (Or maybe I'm confused, and entry isn't free?)

    #1871574
    gladson1976
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    @spats.. take a look at some of the other contests that have happened so far 🙂

    Mythical Legends and Lore Contest

    Christmas in July Contest!

    They are all here..

    Art Competition

    #1871701
    Ondrej
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    @lucafeelgood

    Hi I was work on it nearly 30 hours. I was try three conceptions in one scene but I will share only one of them because this is the rule. It was an interesting experiment for me to break out my small world and making an unforgettable, unique render. Thank you for this challenge.

    Ondrej

    #1871722
    gladson1976
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    Very interesting concept @Ondrej 🙂

    #1871725
    Ondrej
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-2

    @gladson1976 Thanks. I was really enjoyed the work with this. 🙂

    #1871759
    Bebe Rebozo
    Participant
    Rank: Rank-1

    Almost done - on version 5 of the render, just doing some final tweaking.. stay tuned..

    #1871767
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    I better pull my finger out and get something together. I always contribute points to these contests but in this case with so many points already offered it doesn't seem necessary. Good luck everyone!

    #1871894
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    I watched City of Ember last night and it made me think of something. Well, we have 5 entries now and have some really great images.
    So guys let it rumble in the street.


    @spats
    This competition is completely free. Try it out. Everyone is a winner here...


    @ondrej
    Working 30 hours on a good render is normal. First look for ideas. Then check your libraries. And then it really starts. I find 4 days on a render completely normal.
    And nice that you break out of your small world

    Great @frank22 that you pull your finger out and get something together.

    #1872145
    gladson1976
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 3

    @spats Entry is always free.. its just that some of us like to put in some more points in the pot.. so that there is a little bit more to give out 🙂

    #1872282
    Spats
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    @lucafeelgood & @gladson1976 Cool, thanks for info and links.

    Finalizing something for (first) entry. Hopefully finished not long after with a test render or two.

    #1872308
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    @Spats "Finalizing something for (first) entry."
    Note only one entry allowed Spats. Some contests have allowed more but not this one. I hope people appreciate it takes quite a bit of work to organise, run, judge and distribute points for these contests.... so thanks again Luca.

    #1872314
    Spats
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 4

    Yeah, no I understand. Just meant "first" as in it's my first time entering a contest here is all.

    #1872317
    Frank21
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Oh, sorry Spats.... a contest virgin LOL. Hope you enter many more to come.

    #1872410
    Lucafeelgood
    Participant
    Rank: Rank 5

    Today I explain to you why this kind of competition with only one Image entry.

    1. It is much harder to create only 1 image and enter it here than 3 images. You simply have less chance. Only the one image will be judged.
    2. if you have a guideline (Streets of Steampunk environment) and you have to use that guideline, you will be forced to adjust your imagination. "break out my small world" as Ondrej mentioned. I thought that was a cool concept.
    3. why so many points? I realized that I don't want to collect so much anymore. I feel like I have enough stuff to work with for the rest of my life. In fact, I'm not a collector at all. I begrudge my points to other artists here on board. That's why this contest.

    Now one more thing, at my last count. We have 9 wonderful entries. There are some really stunning images around. Well, we still have nine days to go. Again, good luck to all.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

 

Post You Might Like