Discover the Streets Contest

Home Page Forums Art Competition Discover the Streets Contest

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Frank21
    Participant

I've been waiting for you to join in Adam @D0gg0d. That's a nice robot/creature... where's it from?

ADAM
    Participant

@Frank22
    Thanks 😉

It's this guy with some new textures and some small edits

(https://zonegfx.com/project-ares/)

Spats
    Participant

Great entries.

After long final render (UHD for all the fellow zoom-in-ers), finally ready to up.

Anyway, here's one more.

Steam-Sistaaar-ZGFX-entry-2022-10

Title: Steam Sistaaar

Found within, a familiar moniker. Intended for inclusion in splash page consideration/contest as well, if appropriate. Whether now or to come. Not sure how it works, or if there's a different process or archived queue to draw from. If acceptable and not in violation of anything, feel free to throw it in the pile. If not, or if inappropriate, image stands as-is either way. A tribute to a cool and helpful place. Appreciate everyone here. Nice to meet you all.

(P.S.: @frank22 - A hint of "hitchhiker's thumb" included in this one. 😉 👍 )

Also just have to say, this was far more fun than anticipated. Not the usual forte, but super glad to have stepped outside my "Zone" to put out something different.

Frank21
    Participant

A very dynamic image @Spats... love it! The splash page thing didn't really turn out the way I thought it would. The image rotations are slow to happen but I know admin have other things to do. I appreciate the thumb homage LOL.

ThomasBr
    Participant

My first participation in a contest. I hope you like it
    Daz 4.20, Iray + Photoshop.
    (I think Iray is much faster now. RTX 2070)

OldSteam

https://i.im.ge/2022/10/04/1fzYV9.Steam-P-002.jpg

Titan3D
    Participant

Here's my entry for the Discover the Streets Contest - Inaru in Steampunkland

Inaru-in-Steampunkland

Thank you @lucafeelgood for providing the inspiration to get out of an artistic funk. Since its October I went with a dark vibe. As usual, this went through numerous iterations with "just one more tweak/addition/change." We all learn that at some point you need to call it finished as better is often the enemy of good enough. Just today I considered changing the smaller pursuit character into the newly released Plague Doctor, and then thought of adding wounds/bruises/blood to the Inaru character to suggest that she was injured and/or ill, perhaps a quarantine fugitive. In the end I thought better of it - another render for another day...

Assets used -

The Streets of Steampunk
    Iray Storm
    Iray WetFX 2
    Inaru HD & Smile HD Expression for Genesis 8 Female
    Skin Doctor - Wet & Wild for Genesis 8 and 3 Female
    Side Layered Messy Hair with dForce for Genesis 8 Female
    KUJ Steampunk Explorer Suit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female
    dForce Wet and Dry Boyfriend Shirt Dress for Genesis 8 Female
    Western Guns
    Various other G8F and G8M stuff

Comments, criticism and recommendations always welcome -

Adelasia
    Participant

Thank you @lucafeelgood for putting on the contest !
    So many wonderful and creative artworks 🙂
    Here is my try "Welcome to Steamville"
    Welcome-to-Steamville-3

ADAM
    Participant

@Titan3d
    Comments, criticism and recommendations always welcome –

Nice areolas

Titan3D
    Participant

@d0gg0d

hmm, unintentional result of wet effect
    Since SFW will make that go away...

ADAM
    Participant

Finally got around to viewing this and it takes things to a new level. Can't cheat and remove everything in the background anymore.

https://momento360.com/e/u/0d720bda56e4494b8c6ac16c25867409?utm_campaign=embed&utm_source=other&heading=-21.7&pitch=-12.2&field-of-view=75&size=medium

liwic
    Participant

Technologic Steam Machine

zone-ac-03-01-05-15k-pressure

I've been working on these helmets for a little while and this competition was the perfect opportunity to test them out (I'll be uploading them to the blog after a bit more testing).

Paul (Fuzzy3000)
    Participant

Would have liked to do a little more with this, but no more time this week [ironic given the title of piece].

Wispy, cloud-like, portals were appearing all across Londinium – mayhap across the world. They gave a brief glimpse of futuristic looking architecture, seemingly superimposed upon our reality, before the march of automatons began to cross the threshold into our cities. Powerful energy weapons spewed forth towards all in their way.
    The Victoriana female ground force rallied to hold the lines, hoping, praying, that the aerial forces would arrive soon.
    Welcome to – Steampunk Time War.

Spats
    Participant

Haha, super cool and creative ideas. Awesome.

Respect to the efforts. Admiration for the details. Thanks for the comments. And neat choice of a scene base. Stonemason is phenomenal in their creations, this one no exception and so many great placements and results. (Considered seriously the sepia-toned-out render settings on Cam02 for an entry idea. Went with something more colorful/upbeat, but could def see using it in future.)
    Weird so many ended up in the main-street intersection area? Or just many thinking similarly? Scene is pretty huge-ish.

Which is a benchmarking point I was curious about. I'm far more used to portraits and far fewer assets/figures/objects/polygons in a typical scene. This one, for example, had DS & my system on it's knees - even having to re-enable CPU fallback just to get a render going at higher res. (I never use CPU fallback unless absolutely necessary, just my personal taste.) Just wondering everyone else's experience in this particular project. (Obviously varies greatly by hardware, and definition of "normal" or "typical" scene metrics for a given user and their tastes.)

Edit: P.S.: If this thread is for entries only or non-discussion, this post can be moved on request.

Frank21
    Participant

If that's a volumetric (VDB) trail in your image it could be why it's taxing your system resources.
    My RTX 2080 complained a bit because I did quite a few preview renders, but after restarting DS it rendered in about 15 minutes.
    What GPU do you have Spats?

Ondrej
    Participant

@Spats
    I was push the limits of my 3060. It was around 11400MB when I was rendered the scene. So my work is not my imagination, it was my limitation in a limited system. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like