Vent Time

Home Page Forums General Chat Vent Time

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mars
    Participant

For what it's worth, I've had this issue with some folks here as well, and it really is irritating to be sure. But I've found that it bothers me as much as I allow it to.

Some people will always focus on their own unhappiness and what they don't have, while others will focus on what they do, and be grateful. I do believe a lot of this attitude comes naturally with age, but it is sometimes hard to ignore/tolerate the lack of character in a percentage of the younger generation. (I'm looking at you, millennials.)

Still, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, (as Colle does in his reply above)
    Having been into this hobby for a good long time, it's nice to see such an explosion of content and community in recent years. However, with popularity comes the hoi polloi. All one can do is live with it, or choose not to.

I've found that the majority of the people on this site with whom I interact, (the same ones who do most of the heavy lifting), are genuinely fine folks with whom I'm happy to have connected. I try to remember that when someone gets on my tits. Though rant posts, are a nice outlet, as well. 🙂

aslag
    Participant

Hey Dick, nice to see a fellow disabled vet here.

Arthur Day
    Participant

I am only posting on this feed for two reasons, Not that I want to get into any drama just giving my two cents worth. First I would like to take a moment to personally "Thank" Dick Egerbert as well as all the rest of those here who are vets, "Thank You for your service". I am a disabled Marine so I too understand what you have and are going through. Secondly, I want to mention that I agree with Dick, some of us are not as financially able as others who share things on here. I joined this site to share when I could and to help others who were living on limited funds like me. I come to this site daily to check for new posts as well as I check the requests page and try to help those I can. Lately there has been drama about this one posting that or that one sharing on other sites. When I joined I don't remember any rules about sharing anything we get on any other site. If I missed that rule I am sorry. I thought we were all here to help each other, to share items. Now maybe there are a few who have or are taking advantage of things shared here or maybe worse. However for the most part I have only found helpful, friendly people here. Well to sum it up, I would have to agree with Tomsk & Ethiopia are we not all mature enough to move past the drama, arguments and negativity? I personally feel there is enough of that in the world already. Like I said, just my two cents worth for what it matters.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

Thanks for the share NER! And don't sweat the little stuff. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like