Manual Install to DS

Home Page Forums General Chat Manual Install to DS

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    ulysses
    Participant

Just adding my 2ยข:

I'm more interested in the attributes of the character rather than the name of the PA who created it. So my People/Character folders have subfolders based on ethnicity (white, black, asian, other) or age (old or young). Age supersedes ethnicity, so all older asian models would be in the old subfolder, rather than the asian subfolder, etc.

This is the same concept I use for environments.

And since I like to create custom content more than using OTS products, I have created a Custom folder under People, Environment, Props, and Poses and have a unique folder structure under each of those as well.

If only there was a way to open .max files in blender, I'd be in fat city.

eelgoo

Yes, like I said; everyone should organise in a way that makes sense to them & eases their workflow.
    The only caveat I would put on that is to be consistent with nomenclature & folder organisation.

The acid test of any runtime system is its ease of use.

๐Ÿ™‚

benjamin
    Participant

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library

Bucy
    Participant

hoping you'd revisit this thread for a moment, eelgoo...

Went to download the latest version of Daz3d, and noticed they are for steering you through the newer Daz Content Mgr to get it. Also noticed requests by Zone moderators for uploads of previous Daz versions.

does any of this matter to the methods and file structure advice you've given in this thread...? and do you have any comments regarding use of these latest versions of Daz3d?

thxs in advance....

eelgoo

I'll reply via PM ๐Ÿ˜‰

Felicia
    Participant

I don't use the smart content option either. Does anyone know if there is another way to get the 4.20 update - not using the Daz Central installer? Last time (4.16), someone found an update and made it available here.

@eelgoo
    , if this is not right for this thread, I'll remove it.

eelgoo

I downloaded that one & installed via the Daz Install Manager.
    Studio updates is all I use that for,
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Felicia
    Participant

Thank you @eelgoo - it worked. Did you also need to re install the Goz bridge? (if you use ZB that is)

eelgoo

I don't use it, but it is probable that it would. ๐Ÿ™‚

LimeStan342
    Participant

So even though it's integral to installing and uninstalling, it doesn't monitor what you do or don't have?

eelgoo

I only use it for DS installation.

As far as I am aware, it just works from the Daz store database.

Tony Joseph
    Participant

If you are referring to the install manager, yes, it works off the Daz store db in that it will automatically download and install items that you have purchased through the website. If you have items [installed with IM] that were not purchased, it will actually update them if an update is available.
    It will also install items that are in IM format that you create, but obviously, if there are any updates, you would have to re-create the file and re-install the package.
    The install manager will also handle the studio program updates as they come available.
    As for Daz Central, I cannot comment since I do not use it.

jacobjustice
    Participant

I am using Mac. I know I am losing a lot but don't you think when you are talking in a general forum you should mention both sides?

Tony Joseph
    Participant

Both sides, as in Mac and PC?
    To be very honest, I have never used a Mac, so I would not be able to help you with that in any way shape or form. I have absolutely no idea what their file structure is like, and I would only steer you wrong if I tried

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like