Genesis 8.1? Another stupid marketing trick?

Home Page Forums General Chat Genesis 8.1? Another stupid marketing trick?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Jinx
    Participant

The worst thing in my opinion is that DAZ has changed the whole maps and UV system. Was it really needed?!

Jim Kirk
    Participant

Interesting. Do you by chance remember what morph packs those might have been? I could do a reinstall, but the thought of that makes me dizzy from sadness and horror. 🙂

I certainly don't recommend it. 😛 It's been a couple weeks and I am still going through stuff.

I've done a lot of stuff since then, but I think it was the 200+ face and head morphs and the Spicy Fusion add-on for it. There were a lot of issues that showed up in the logs, like duplicate formulas, invalid pointers, missing files, etc., so you should be able to spot them when you load up a toon pretty easily.

silent
    Participant

So basically any custom character made for genesis 8 is incompatible because of different uv's. but is geometry actually altered? can we use the old genesis 8 uv's on 8.1 ?

Soeperman
    Participant

how can i get those arrow on the genesis like in the intro video? or is it just for show?

Soeperman
    Participant

thanks, got it..

Dynasty
    Participant

@brom did you happen to get a working ngv7 for g8.1 by any chance?

Dynasty
    Participant

Ok. Thanks. Please let me know if that changes since NGV8 doesn't seem to work either on 8.1

Dynasty
    Participant

I have Sara's fix, but it doesn't display properly on the figure. The skin surface options do not match at all.

Sara1985
    Participant

You need first set the shader of the gens to the new shader systems. So load in the shader from Shader Preset -> Iray -> Daz PBRSkin and afterwards copy the body texture to the gens. Don’t forget to set the UVs to "base female" instead of ”default” in the material settings of the gens.

Dynasty
    Participant

@maxxp2 Many thanks! That works great!

eelgoo

As an aside, I was looking at Measure Metrics & see there has been an update with 4.15.
    That became obvious when I tried it on G8F_1 & it didn't work properly.
    I have made a request for the updated file in requests, but I thought that this was interesting.

G8F is a shade under 5' 11"
    V8 is a statuesque 6' 0"
    V8.1 is a nearer to the average at 5' 8", which is nice.
    G8F_1 is the same height as G8F I loaded one on top of the other to check.

🙂

silent
    Participant

@littlepleasures subd3 for base resolution? lol

i disagree with pretty much everything you said and i think most things you said are based on lack of common sense and lack of overall experience in 3d(beyond moving sliders)

Alapa
    Participant

This whole thing is just another moneyspinner as far as I'm concerned. Give it until the summer then we'll have Genesis 9 or maybe even Genesis Ultimate. Jesus, ! wonder, when is this shit going to end? Not only are their addons and extras more expensive but you have to be looking continually to upgrade your system to accomodate for their greed. It's getting to the point where I say, enough is enough and go back to finger painting.

Alapa
    Participant

I'm sorry about my rant but I can't help but feel I'm right. Does Daz Studio have a contract with Nvidea? One would think so at the rate they both increase their prices. You know something? It's almost in tandem at that. Some of us are stupid enough to fall for that shit and splash out regardless. Yes Daz Studio is free, but useless unless you have a top notch PC or are willing to continually upgrade your Graphic capability. I'm beginning to think this whole thing is a collaboration myself. Conspiracy anyone? Free? Might as well have a health warning with it, because their whole marketing model is tantamount to gambling!

GAMI SETA
    Participant

I would rather see daz simplify the god damn content folder tree, i currently have 5 my daz folder in the daz folder ffs and trying to find an asset is impossible. epsecialy when the asset instead of yeti is called white angry hairy man of the tall mountains.

Secondly i would rather see amd get some support. Daz is only for nvidia users, the rest can go get ###$

thirdly i would rather see daz get a bit faster or better optimized.

Theres a ton of things i would like to see, model 8.1 is not one of them

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like