Genesis 8.1? Another stupid marketing trick?

Home Page Forums General Chat Genesis 8.1? Another stupid marketing trick?

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

@ulysses

Yes, me too.

If it is an easy G8F_1 duf edit, that would be great.

🙂

ulysses
    Participant

@eelgoo, looks like it's this thread

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/466416/genesis-8-1-victoria-8-1/p49 from user PerttiA. Don't know if it works or not since I haven't used 8.1 because I don't want to upgrade to 4.15. Waiting for a more stable version.

eelgoo

Well that is very straight forward & quite logical.
    Thanks a lot.
    🙂

amberleaf
    Participant

@ulysses
    @eelgoo

Yup, removing those files works. Gen 8 F expressions now work with Gen 8.1 F and Vic 8.1 F.
    Sweet.

Thanks ulysses

eelgoo

Whats the betting that that post gets deleted in short order by the stormtroopers 😉

Abad
    Participant

Truth be told, I don't give a damn about 8.1. The truth is that the Genesis frameworks have been a benchmark in human models, and that must be recognized. Now: Export is really infamous. I think for a decade, they have not even bothered about the I / O of the models. Not on BVH, not on FBX, not on anything except her belly button.

Frank21
    Participant

I'm curious as to why people want exporting/importing so much. Now DS has Iray, yeh I know it's not the best or fastest renderer, I'm happy with the results. I suppose animation is a nightmare in DS and other progs can do it much better. The last time I did the import/export dance was ages ago when Poser had a bridge to Vue because Vue lighting was so much better. The tweaking of all the texture maps needed between the two programs was enough in itself to give that game away.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like