Genesis 8.1? Another stupid marketing trick?

Home Page Forums General Chat Genesis 8.1? Another stupid marketing trick?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Ethiopia
    Participant

They held off on G9 because people screamed bloody murder about having to buy all their stuff all over again; that another damn figure was going to make their present content obsolete.
    Now they're trying to sneak it in with this pseudo upgrade labeled 8.1 The marketing whizzes are hoping that we can be sucked into buying a simple upgrade vice a whole new figure despite it being a whole new figure. I'm hoping this backfires on them. They desperately need to fix Studio first. I'm seeing more and more complaints about obscenely long loading times, add-ons that don't work, and the mess called Daz Central.

Jinx
    Participant

According to the Genesis 8.1 description everything that was made for G8 will work on G8.1. Just which was made specifically for G8.1 will not work on G8.

eelgoo

Yes, I know there is lots to fix, but being an ultrarealism freak, I am pleased to see what this upgrade brings.

You don't have to buy into the marketing. & really I don't.

The updated G8.1 Starter Essentials carries most of the important bits for free.
    🙂

ColdBeer31
    Participant

And is dead easy to convert existing morphs into G8.1

ulysses
    Participant

FINALLY, we're getting vellus hair with the base figure. I just hope it's better than the add-on products, which basically all suck. NVM. The vellus hair only comes with V8.1 and not base G8.1 DAZ continues to suck!

And I 100% agree with Ethiopia: Hey DAZ, fix DS. 4.15 is buggier than 4.14, which was buggy as heck. Yeah, I know it's free, but it drives the sales of all the products. It's time for Studio 5.0 and a rewrite of the code.

Sara1985
    Participant

some expressions won't work anymore, also Geoshells might have trouble, that's it.

eelgoo

Bad news. V8 NewGens doesn't work on her. I hope there is an easy work around because 3Feetwolf hasn't been seen in ages.
    :0/

Corbeau
    Participant

Daz Studio has invented a new concept : pseudo-compatibility.... I think it is the (last ?) nail in their selling strategy coffin... No 8.1 for me....

Sara1985
    Participant

@eelgoo replacing the NodeNames in the Daz script to "Genesis8_1Female" will do the trick, just tested. I would create a copy and just change these. Also replace "torso" to "body"

replace "Torso"
    var g_torsoSurface = "Body";

replace all
    (g_charNode.name == "Genesis8_1Female")

eelgoo

Wow, that was fast.
    Thanks, Sara.

I'll give it a whirl.

🙂

Felicia
    Participant

Bump (oh no) :o[

duckface
    Participant

@maxxp2 can you tell a bit more about it? (and share that script?)

Sara1985
    Participant

Don't want to hijack the post, so just a quick one:
    Script: https://mega.nz/folder/OB1hWIQT#Zvq1uO008CBIIn1_KaV72g (NSFW)
    Just copy to your NewGens Folder eg: "My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Anatomy\New Genitalia For Victoria 8"

duckface
    Participant

thanks now we wait for someone to share the new bundle 😉

Sara1985
    Participant

@brom I don't have that script, if you upload I can have a look at it, or just let me what product it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like