Genesis 8.1? Another stupid marketing trick?

Home Page Forums General Chat Genesis 8.1? Another stupid marketing trick?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    eelgoo

@brom

V8 New Gens has always worked on legacy for G3F, if that is your concern?

A superior product really.

Dynasty
    Participant

I was hoping for G9 myself, but let's be real. Nobody wants their content get obsolete. It took a long time for people to get into G8 despite being huge improvement over G3. Unless they do full backwards compatibility with poses, clothes, animations I just don't see people moving to G9 any time soon at all. Keep in mind G3 to G8 took a lot less time to release than G8 to G9 is currently taking. Nobody in their right mind would want to switch to bare bones figure with nothing to wear or pose.

Dynasty
    Participant

@legolas18 The male is probably coming, too. I am guessing female sells like hotcakes so they want to release her first.

eelgoo

@brom
    Yeah, but that was an interim fix whilst the V8New Gens was being completed.
    The latter product works for both G8F & G3F, & is a better product.

hottehue
    Participant

@legolas18
    There was an update to Genesis 8 Female and Male Essentials.
    So I guess after the two Victoria 8.1 bundles today and tomorrow there will probably be two Michael 8.1 bundles coming next week.

eelgoo

OK I guess everyones experiences vary.

eelgoo

Genesis 8 Starter Essentials have been updated for G8F-1 & G8M-1
    Downloadable free from your Daz account. 😉

ulysses
    Participant

Many folks on the DAZ forums are suggesting that you delete the old Starter Essentials using DIM and then d/l and install the new one. That seems to be fixing a few issues with stuff not showing up where it's supposed to in DS.

eelgoo

My mistake.
    It seems like you are correct G8F has been updated without any file name change.
    G8M has not.
    Typical Daz SNAFU
    :0/

Bacon Smoke
    Participant

Yeah, @legolas18 the load times on even basic scenes with one or two characters has gotten absolutely absurd. I've always had a substantial number of morphs, but load times didn't turn ridiculous until I went to 4.14. It appears they did nothing about that for 4.15, which honestly should have been priority one for them.

Slobodan
    Participant

An important info for anyone who has been waiting a long time to complete his daz3d assets collection.
    Several thousand items are for sale right now, reduced by up to 70 % (mostly 60-61 %).
    Esp. interesting are the offers from "outoftouch" (mostly super realistic hair), which are difficult to get otherwise.

And it seems that is will work with Gen 8.1 too.

Sara1985
    Participant

the expressions are impressive in my opinion, you get much better results in no time.

Jim Kirk
    Participant

@Bacon Smoke - you may want to check your log files for errors when loading. I recently had to rebuild my box, and when doing so was much more deliberate when installing products, turned out that the majority of slow loading issues were caused by two morph packs, which the logs showed had a bunch of bad pointers or other errors. I uninstalled them and load times dropped by more than half.

That being said, G81F does indeed take noticeably longer to load, which I kinda expected.

Bacon Smoke
    Participant

Interesting. Do you by chance remember what morph packs those might have been? I could do a reinstall, but the thought of that makes me dizzy from sadness and horror. 🙂

OnkelShield
    Participant

Genesis 8.1 is not a whole new figure, it's Gen 8 with a different head, they changed the surfaces to accompany the new head and that's it.

The only issue that I have with it is that things like the Skin Builder etc are not working with it, despite being normal Genesis 8. And the thing about materials being able to be used is also kinda wrong due to the new maps.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like