Do you 'play with dolls'?

Home Page Forums General Chat Do you 'play with dolls'?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ethiopia
    Participant

There's numerous fixes for Vicky that are incorporated in the last release, V4.2++
    I read that her mesh density is higher than the Genesis girls because they (Daz) wanted to make her more compatible with game engines.
    I have all of Danae's meshes and agree that they are superb. There's a few others that are also excellent and quite distinct. Looking at all the characters that have been available for each figure, I feel that most of them are mostly clones. It seems that despite the advertising which states, "carefully sculpted in Z-Brush from original photos.", it looks to me like people just spin a bunch of morph dials and sell the result as an original character. The same is true of Vicky Four because most characters look the same.
    Clothing detail, as you pointed out, is much better. The lingerie from Hongyu is wonderfully realistic and detailed right down to the clasps and metal parts on the straps. I feel strongly that this is mostly because we had so many vendors doing it out of the joy of creation, vice just making a buck. To me, Daz has stifled creativity.

ADAM
    Participant

I must admit that I miss a lot of older clothing. However when G8+ can put out content like this.
    https://www.daz3d.com/orc-hd-for-genesis-8-male

I dont miss it as much

Charley
    Participant

I have a runtime full of old V4 clothing. I managed to convert most of it to GF8, but there were a few old Rendo bought garments that wouldn't convert. I do admit that I love the versatility of the old V4 stuff, because, IMO a lot of the newer clothes have a sameness about them. Having said that, the G8 models are far superior when it comes to trying to achieve some vestige of realism, as most V4 characters (apart from the previously mentioned Metropolitan collection - those textures were wonderful - and a few notable others) had plastic looking skin textures and near identical facial features.

As for playing with the characters, I confess to having a folder full of saved scenes that have not been rendered, due to the fact that I've wasted so much time trying out clothes, hair, etc after I've already decided on a theme but decided to play dress up first. XD

Ethiopia
    Participant

I guess it depends on how much detail, or how close you get to the people in your scene. I never do closeups and almost always have a group.
    Playing 'dress up' is a great pastime. I tend to go off the deep end with jewelry and layers of clothes. I'll take a screenshot after I save a scene and give it the same name as the saved scene.
    It's so much better than Studio's thumbnail.

Charley
    Participant

I do the same with clothes and jewellery and I'm always messing with the poses too - and the props, then have a look to see what else I can add. When I finally render one of those scenes, it'll probably take the whole day XD

I've created a few custom characters too, and given them all names, personalities and backstories lol

Abad
    Participant

@ethiopia
    It is better that you change the render engine. Iray is nefarious ... I use Cinema 4D with an Alembic export (Sagan plugin for Daz .. -Ogawa- or the old HDF5 (Only for r19..., or in Blender,, Maya, for export in Ogawa..), together with the bridge for C4D ... Remap the materials on the Alembic, and with the own render "Standart" included in the package ... a complicated scene does not take a minute to make, with some skill, the results are magnificent.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like