Viewing a member's history?

Home Page Forums General Chat Viewing a member's history?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ethiopia
    Participant

I see that it is no longer possible to view a persons history. Is this by design, has it been moved, or have I missed something?

ulysses
    Participant

looks like they removed that function. while it could be abused, it did allow fellow zoners to get a better idea of who they were dealing with.

warrant63

@ethiopia I agree that it can come in handy to check out the scammers and alt. accounts, but a lot of people abused this function and harassed members for items. Currently, the points history only has a global ON/OFF switch so we can't tie it to ranks.

Ethiopia
    Participant

🙁
    Does @hunter have a reason for this?

tedthelearner
    Participant

I approve, I never liked that any regular joe could see everything I've purchased.

InverseKinematics
    Participant

What @tedthelearner said.

warrant63

@ethiopia We decided all together that it's better to turn it off globally than leave this open to everyone to do whatever they want. Obviously, if we find a solution to tie this to ranks etc we will turn it back on 🙂

Mictlantecuhtli
    Participant

I used it to see if the user participated in the zone or was a leech.

Ethiopia
    Participant

That was what I used it for. When someone asked for something I'd immediately have a look to see who I was dealing with. Leeches, parasites and general riff-raff where ignored.
    Perhaps it could be turned on for those of us who've been contributing members for some time.

Frank21
    Participant

I'd just be happy to see how many points someone has. I can use this to judge how long they've been here and if they're a sharer.

Ethiopia
    Participant

I'm not sure that number of points is an accurate judge of a members participation. There's plenty of folks with tons of points who haven't contributed anything. The 100 points a day adds up pretty fast.

Niniane
    Participant

Not all Rank 1's are brand new, not all are "leechers". I used to be able to tell if Rank 1's had contributed to the site or were just adding up points to purchase from the blog. I can't tell now... it was better the other way. But we all get used to what we have so we deal with it!

gts6
    Participant

you can just use this url (replace the end with username): https://zonegfx.com/author/**enter_username_here**

this will show what authored uploads that user has

Niniane
    Participant

Hmmm... never knew that. Thanks 🙂

Redflag
    Participant

That is why rank should be tied to assets posted.... or have a different rank for that.

I am guessing that, with the new system, points that you have in limbo, waiting for a fill in the request blog don't count toward rank either.

Not really a fan of sitting on a huge pile of points, that is why I use a good bit of em to help other people with requests....

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like