clarity

Home Page Forums General Chat clarity

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ADAM
    Participant

So im having trouble deciding to use or not use camera setyings. Any good tutorials youve come across? Ive come up eith some crazy stuff like Fstops at 500.

PhantomF4
    Participant

@d0gg0d

This one isn't too bad. Learning depth of field is a must.

http://flipmode3d.com/depth-of-field-daz-studio/

EvilMonkey
    Participant

Yeah, I went into Daz blind on Camera stuff but looking at the camera options and googling has opened my eyes a lot. I'd rate myself as still being blind but knowing which direction the light is coming from.

silverboaX
    Participant

as iray is a physically based renderer, i'd recommend looking up some tutorials on real photography... camera settings are the same (roughly) as in the real world. Similarly real photography lighting tutorials will also apply (albeit you have to really crank up the lumens in DAZ)

ADAM
    Participant

Ive got a little SLR practice but that seems easier to me because My focus point is on the eye by moving it to a section on a grid. I usually set F stop to 1.8 for close ups or low light, 4-8 for body shots and 12-20 for landscape. I hate flashes and almost never use them unless inside. My ISO is usually 200 or less and at night I dislike using high ISO if I can get away with it. I shoot RAW and edit those since t gives me a bit of mistake room with exposure. I try to rely on ISO and shutter speed.

Im finding that rendering subjects usually seem blurry even if my focal point is on them. Also my "clear area" or f stop area doesnt seem clear some times. Daz is capable of odd setting like having a fstop of 800. Something no camera I know of can due unless maybe the Hubble can. Jacking up the Resolution and shrinking the image seems to help but, not something Id like to rely on.

It may be just the lighting Im using since my results are not consistent.

aslag
    Participant

Hey, a fellow shutter bug. I used to make my living doing that.

Everyone says that a knowledge of photography is essential for Daz. I find it's the opposite. If you have a knowledge of photography, you have to unlearn a lot of things to make daz work for you.

What I do is take accurate notes. What I did, what the results were, etc. It sort of lets me dial in close to where I want to be within a few test renders.

Also, you're not the only one who has a lighting problem. "Ok this worked in the real world, let me see... Oh for fucks sake!"

ADAM
    Participant

From what ive gathered so far

1. Good texture and shaders, because a well lit turd is still a turd.

2. Lighting because a crappy lit supermodel is hard to see.

3. Practice, skill, luck and knowledge in no particular order.

So far Im fairly happy with a couple renders after several test runs. Sort of like spray and pray photography. Shoot as many as possible and you may have one keeper out of 100.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like