Are these DAZ3D Expression or not?

Home Page Forums General Chat Are these DAZ3D Expression or not?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas
    Participant

Hello.
    Anybody knows if what this artist is using is a set of expressions for DAZ3D (but which?) or is something else?
    https://www.deviantart.com/cybertemptation/gallery
    https://www.deviantart.com/cybertemptation/art/ELLIE-PORTRAIT-913411624
    https://www.deviantart.com/cybertemptation/art/SIDE-PORTRAIT-OF-ELLIE-915012512
    The person who does that art, simply won't tell, no matter what, been reading some comments, but no replay to them.
    Anybody?

Hodor
    Participant

I don't think so. The artist is most likely combining real photographs with 3D renders.
    Almost fooled me.

Ethiopia
    Participant

I wonder if he's using Avatar and FaceApp. There's someone on Tumblr who does that and creates very nice work. He has several characters he's made on Avatar and uses FaceApp to morph their faces onto various images.

Nicholas
    Participant

Yeah maybe, i really don't know what to say myself, but i have seen some nice smiles on smutbase for some blender models by some artist i don't seem to find anymore, and it had something like this.

Nicholas
    Participant

Thank you all for the explanation, no one will fool me twice hehe. Cheers.

Amber
    Participant

I don't know...
    I would say "FaceApp for sure", but then I look at the details; the freckle pattern is identical in all the images, including at different angles, as is the pattern of eyebrow hair. This is something that FaceApp simply cannot do.
    I'm guessing this author is insanely good at sculpting HD details and expressions. They do exist, just not common. Not something I'd expect to find at DA.

topspeedmedia
    Participant

I'm in agreement with Amber... this looks like excellent work to me. There is likely a considerable post render touch up (nothing the teeth in particular) - but excellent results, no matter what the process.

Frank21
    Participant

It looks to me like it's the RenderHub model and skin texture. Might have moved it to 8.1 and used a smile, and then took it to Blender to tweak the smile/dimple/teeth/face creases etc. Just a guess. There's no arguing whatever he did it turned out looking really good, mainly the lower face and smile.

Amber
    Participant

I did some digging around and found the backdoor to the Patreon posts... very HD NSFW renders, it's also very clear these are unretouched raw renders (save for any general postprocessing). The faces are indeed the models and not FaceApp or anything of the sort, and the level of detail is very good. The Patreon tier rates are outrageous as well. :p

Jinx
    Participant

I ensure you he/she uses FaceApp 100% 😁

See this page too!

Amber
    Participant

lol @ehrez
    "- photographed & managed by @cybertemptation"
    🤣

No doubt, but I believe we're talking about the Ellie model on DA. Definitely not FaceApp.
    That Instagram tho... wew

KonoDioDa
    Participant

Nah. 100% a mix between faceappS (not necessary faceapp) and Photoshop blending real stock photos.

Call it photobashing plus AI changing expressions. Indeed is very easy to do that for some with minimum knowledge in Photobash areas.

How it could be done?
    1 - RAw render in Daz/other software.
    2 - postprocess it with lightroom/ps/overpaint. Probably mix of 3 is good choice but I dont rely on LR as I prefer to overpaint.
    3 - mix faces via faceappS or real photo. Use clonestamp, smudge and filters to look like a real raw render.
    4 - 2nd postprocess or overpoint depending on the style you want to achieve: realistic, western, stylized, etc.

If you want I can recommend some YouTube links showing principles of this.

Amber
    Participant

Good gravy, you're gonna make me go crop those patreon images and break out the screen space ruler to show the ubiquitous uniformity of the micro features...

But more to the point, to achieve said uniformity, the exact same set of freckles across the whole face, the exact same pattern of hair fibers in the eyebrows, etc; all on that model's face seen from differing angles; WHY would anybody use a tool like FaceApp, only to undo this work with exceedingly painstaking re-application of the very features FaceApp would "fix"? Or to put it this way, IF it was used at all, it was completely undone by an insane amount of detail work to restore what is essentially the original UV. It's nonsensical on it's face, if you'll excuse the pun 🙂

KonoDioDa
    Participant

Well... Im not sure about the patreon images and maybe you're right but my eyes are seeing weird things like masked photoshopped mini áreas but I can tell you that the Ellie ones in the post are having a heavy Photoshop... and its fairly easy to mix a face with other (or parts), following freckles rhythm, micro feature, etc. Easy but time consuming btw. Plus, I suppose you Scan sculpt wrinkles, etc. In Zbrush via traditional way or with VDM or IMM.

Another way (bit more professional) is to texture project a XYZ map with face details, porous, etc. and start masking via Mari but I suppose thats for higher level. And implies Zbrush for refining too.

Not saying Amber you're wrong and this is not 100% RAW daz render but my eyes are telling me there is more than daz here. Maybe im wrong lol

Frank21
    Participant

I tend to agree with you Amber, but there are some tell-tale signs that parts of the image were photo-manipulated, or it could just be an artifact from over-magnifying the jpg image. While the whole may be more important than the sum of its parts, I'm more interested in how it was done rather than the final image itself.

elli

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like