Witchblade costume

Home Page Forums General Chat Witchblade costume

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    StarLord
    Participant

Hi, I'm looking for clothing and prop to recreate Witch Blade in Daz3D.
    Any suggestions appreciated. 🙂

NanoDot
    Participant
    StarLord
    Participant

Thanks for the info. The piece on the hips looks pretty good. 🙂

Mystic Fortune
    Participant

I know Terrymcg over on Deviant Art has made mention of wanting to create a Witchblade outfit for Victoria 4. In the meantime, the best option is likely a combination of different sets to create a "Kit-bashed' Witchblade suit.

StarLord
    Participant

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on Terrymcg.
    I've been trying to "Kit bashed" the suit with not much progress. 🙁

Nicodemus
    Participant

If someone gets me pieces that are similar to her costume (I haven't read that book, since the 90s, nor do I own any issues anymore), I could probably sculpt morphs to match her costume as close as possible, in ZBrush.

Some caveats:

- I can't change the UVs, so you'll have to use the original maps. Well, I can, it's just a PITA.

- I won't do any new textures. Again, not that I can't, it's just a PITA and I really don't have a lot of free time anymore to do art, being a Dad and all.

- It has to be a morph, as I've never figured out how to do weight mapping in Daz. I attempted it a while back, weight mapping in Maya, but it never worked correctly, so I just said screw it.

StarLord
    Participant

What if I say you can take the obj of G3F and sculpt all you like and I'll extract the costume by subtracting the original G3F from your sculpt and take care of the UV map and rigging. Will that help?

Nicodemus
    Participant

G3F is a single mesh. It wouldn't work like you're thinking. Each piece of armor needs to be a separate piece, in order to sculpt it to how you're wanting.

Think of it like this:

You'll need arms, legs torso, shoulders. arms, legs and shoulders would each be one model, that would be mirrored to the other side. The torso piece would be cut, dead center, one side sculpted and then mirrored, sewing the pieces together, by welding vertices.

Now, the problem is, I don't want to have to UV map, which is tedious (I hate UV mapping, even though I have tools to make it "easier.") To do above, which is basically my pipeline, were I still in the game industry, it wouldn't be uv-mapped.

So, what I want is a bunch of pieces that SORT of look like her armor, that are already UV-mapped, that I can sculpt, within the limits of the poly count per piece. If it's already UV mapped, I won't feel lazy, so I can boost the poly count for normal maps.

If they're morphs, you can just add the morphs to the original pieces (in Daz, mind you - I haven't touched Poser in almost 20 years) and just use dials to get the pieces the way you want.

Otherwise, I'd have to just build each piece from scratch, which is what I don't want to do.

StarLord
    Participant

umm, ok sounds like what I suggested won't work. but thanks for your offer. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like