(WIP) Name where this Dragon is from..

Home Page Forums Art Showcase (WIP) Name where this Dragon is from..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Kefka
    Participant

As I was coming home from work today, I was thinking of doing another pin-up with a girl from a certain media platform. Then I realized it would be impossible because these characters haven't even been created for DAZ STUDIO (AS FAR AS I KNOW). So it won't be done for the contest but I decided to try and make the dragon first..

If you can figure out what this Dragon is from then I know I'm on the right track, so help a brother out and see if you know what this dragon is from. AGAIN WORK-IN-PROGRESS so be gentle.

WIP-DRAGON

Frank21
    Participant

From an egg 😁

de

bulka
    Participant

Gorgeous dragon!!!!! missing a bottle of whiskey in the paw and a cigarette ..... 😀

Serge2804
    Participant

I do like the idea of cigarette will explain the smoke that comes out his nose 🙂

Lucafeelgood
    Participant

He comes from outerspace. Look at his antennas.

Eve Adams
    Participant

Looks a bit like Singe from Dragon's Lair.

Kefka
    Participant

WIP-DRAGON-2

Singe-0

@littleevie
    Good, at least I know I'm on the right track.

Also thanks, I didn't even know the dragon had a name. It made it much easier to find reference pics besides watching game footage. Especially since the dragon's appearance slightly changed from frame to frame. It would appear Princess Daphne got all the attention to detail in that game. 😀

So now that I've got the basic concept down for Singe, I now need to fine tune the fins and spikes/spines. Afterward I'll take it into Z-Brush and add the antennas horn hole, fix the cranium, and give the snout some lumps for the head. Then add some bulging details around the fins and spines. I think I might leave the eyes, neck length, and rippling body muscle similar to what I have. I want to give him a more menacing appearance. Finally I'll give him some warts like the reference pic. Then I'll go into substance painter and fix the dragon's underside to resemble the reference material better.

I'm now making this my passion project.

ANyway, thanks for all your goofy comments.

- Take care

Eve Adams
    Participant

@Kefka I played this on steam, just a few years back, after much prompting from someone who spent way too much on the original arcade. By the time I got to Daphne, after so, so, many, deaths, I would much rather have stabbed her than rescued her, but it wouldn't allow me to do that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with her, and you know, if you wanted to make Dirk the Daring just a little more ripped, I'd be okay with that.

Spats
    Participant

Dragon's Lair
    Ho-lee crap.

I memba

I was gonna make a joke and say "Honah Lee".
    But the joke is the amount of personal time spent dying in that game.

(Also, Singe. I mean, is there better? No.)(Disney WISHes they were half as cool.)
    Don Bluth - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Bluth
    Dragon's Lair - All Daphne scenes 1080p - YouTube

Kefka
    Participant

WIP-SINGE-DRAGON-S-LAIR-0001-update

EDIT: OOPS! I had mesh smoothing enabled on the dragon. I knew the head morph didn't look right. Why do I even have smoothing iterations attached to this figure?!? Oh well. Trust me it looks better than what you see.

This is the latest dragon update. Didn't do much but the head morph and gave the antenna, chin beard (I don't know what to call those), and 'gills' (I don't know what to call those either) bones and/or dforce movement. Can't decide if I want fins or spines/spike around the neck area yet. I made a mock-up of Dirk just to get a size comparison and to make the WIP pic a little more interesting. Will probably use some of the clothes on Dirk now but I need to find a better tunic. I want to match the OG clothes for him exactly or almost exactly. Same with Daphne when I get to her and maybe.... EVE? 😉

I really don't know much about the game, didn't play it till later in life. Never beat it but I'll admit that Princess Daphne cast a spell on me. I hope I can do her figure and figures some justice without gratuitous deformations.

Same with Eve if I can create her, I would like to capture her beauty without daz studio breaking everytime I try to create a plus sized figure.

Thank you for the comment @spats BTW, your contest submissions look great + Don Bluth is king. The animation Robin Hood remains one of my favorite all time Disney films.

Adelasia
    Participant

Cool dragon Kefka love it 🙂 great work you are doing!

Frank21
    Participant

You realise you'll now need to do some renders that include Princess Daphne, preferably in some skimpy outfits that don't hide her ample assets too much 😛.

pd

Kefka
    Participant

@adelasia Thank you! Why did you withdrawal your entry from the contest?

@frank22
    No doubt! I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the dress layout though. The perfect starting point I found: https://zonegfx.com/sexy-summer-g3f/

But I can't figure out exactly how the sheer gown part fits. I see bow ties around the neck line so I'm guessing it attaches there instead of all around the back. I think I see another bow knot right around the sacal. From a different view, most of her back is skin color so I'm guessing it doesn't wrap fully around. Do you have any guesses?

I'm thinking it must be three different sheer pieces. 1 for each arm and then like a train that starts mid-leg in front and I DON'T HAVE A CLUE around the back.

Adelasia
    Participant

@Kefka guess the same reason you did 🙂 But I think your work was fantastic you should have kept it in the comp... its all in fun anyway I was surprised how many submitted pics this time 😉

Spats
    Participant

h**ps://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/exnem-killer-dames-2-outfit-for-g3-female/150285/
    (chop/hide/reassign all the undesired accessories with geometry editor)

h**ps://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/body-collection-g8-1f/149429/
    (specifically, second character from the left in image 3 (front) and 4 (rear), of promo images)

(Thought there was a synfulmindz product similar, but not quite close enough.)

P.S.: Consider this an important and needed project, for society in general (no exaggeration, no sarcasm). Very interested in seeing this come to 3D life. Awesome idea.
    Do you plan on animating it @Kefka ?

P.P.S.: Both of you should be flogged for pulling such great entries from the contest. Whatever your reasons, it's less without you. (/opinion)
    (Hmm, speaking of that... 😈 )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like