Why do Daz resources keep disappearing?

Home Page Forums General Chat Why do Daz resources keep disappearing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Techsnoop
    Participant

So, I'm creating a scene in Daz and looking for 2 clothing items I used 3 days ago and can't find them anywhere. I check on some other items and they're missing also. Some of these are purchased items.
    Not the first time this has happened, so can anyone tell me why Daz randomly drops items from the library? I have checked smart content, content library and Daz library settings and the items are not listed. Just used this weekend.
    Color me confused

silverboaX
    Participant

I know this isn't helpful, but it's not a problem i've had. The only time this kind of thing has happened to me is if i've moved or renamed the files myself. Assuming you haven't done this, the only thing i can suggest is to look in the 'installer' tab and see if some of them are sitting in there ?

The other out of the ballpark suggestion I have is check whether your virus checker (if you run one) is being a jerk and eating the files for some reason.

PhantomF4
    Participant

Don’t know if this helps, but I’ve had this problem but only with smart content. Everyone I get something new I go int the Content Directory Manager, reset my library, and then re import metadata. Takes a very long 7 minutes to do the te-import, but everything is there.

PhantomF4
    Participant

EVERY TIME I get something new I go INTO content directory manager... damn auto-correct and bad eyesight.

EvilMonkey
    Participant

Have the items been updated by DIM automatically and failed to refresh in your library? Have you used the "search" function to try and find the items?

coolcat
    Participant

I have had that problem only with the smart content that's y I don't use it and it only seemed to happen after I bought something and installed threw DIM but after a day or two it would be there.

eelgoo

I am unsure if it will help with your problem, but I only ever use Content Library.
    No metadata, smart content or connect.

This is a problem I have never had, but then I do manual install into a custom runtime structure, so I know where things will be if I have them installed.

:0/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like