What Inspired You To Pursue 3D-Art? ENTRY THREAD

Home Page Forums Art Competition What Inspired You To Pursue 3D-Art? ENTRY THREAD

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    The Arachne
    Participant

I did an image that I really need to re-do (It was a test render that I never got around to polishing) but it was Abigail in Skarlet's ( The Red Blood Female ninja that was rumored in MK2 and then finally added later on to the game) Classic outfit holding up G3F's severed head with the blood pouring down on her, But You can't really see the blood too good, The reason is because I don't use Iray, I Don't like the idea of rendering an image for 7 hours just for it to crash and lose my progress, It's like Add auto-save for Feck's sake, That is why I bought and use Luxrender (with Reality as the bridge between Daz and Lux)

Bot101
    Participant

Sounds really intriguing and I look forward to having it added to this contest.
    Thank you @thearachne and yes, @errilhl is correct that the daz3d beta version has really improved render times so if you have a moment to install it, it might impress you.

Errilhl
    Participant

@thearachne you might wanna give Iray another go, especially with the 4.11 Beta of DAZ, which introduces improvements to the engine, mainly the Denoiser, which can cut down render-times something immensely.

Depending on what card you got, of course.

Rendering on a 1070, a scene (semi-heavy) takes about 30 minutes - 500 iterations, denoiser kicking in at 499.

Bot101
    Participant

@Hawkeye, you snuck your entry passed me. Not only is it inspirational but it makes you have to look twice. Did it move? I'll never tell. Thank you for entering my contest and bonus points are sent to your account.

The Arachne
    Participant

GTX 1050 on a Omen HP gaming laptop, I might give it a shot later

Bot101
    Participant

WOW!!! Just one week left to get your entries in. So far we have eighteen entries submitted either on this thread or via an offsite image host. I am so glad that so many persons don't mind sharing this part of their lives, and I hope it will not only encourage others but remind ourselves not to be afraid or doubtful of ourselves nor our talents. Thank you all.

Bot101
    Participant

WOW!!! Just one week left to get your entries in. So far we have eighteen entries submitted either on this thread or via an offsite image host. I am so glad that so many persons don’t mind sharing this part of their lives, and I hope it will not only encourage others but remind ourselves not to be afraid or doubtful of ourselves nor our talents. Thank you all.

Nicolas Neumann
    Participant

I'm amused you censored that little bullet hole in the top left picture, but not the massive one on the bottom left picture.

den
    Participant

What inspired me to pursue 3d-art?
    so far I only ever use 2 3d-software (3dsmax and daz3d), i use 3dmax to help me visualize my idea more easily, and about daz3d i try to use it few year ago when victoria & michael 3 era after i saw 1 realistic portrait image which made me think the image is a photograph but i only try it twice coz i burn my comp at 2nd attempt lol.
    I tried to use daz again last year when i tried to make image entry for circus contest at zonegfx. After that contest it make me want to try it again and again after i saw alot of great images from zone's members at contest and art showcase forum, Each image always stimulate my brain to keep working and give me something new to learn.
    Also Using daz can help me to train my patience coz i need more than half hour just to see iray preview image and more than 20 hours to see the result for rendering simple image. daz make my old comp become an ancient machine. (sorry for my English)

Virtual Smile
    Virtual Smile
    image link

Bot101
    Participant

You are most correct, @tommytomahawk, Can't show da tig-ol-bitties NOR the itty-bitty-bullet-holes; just the gaping ones.
    As for you, @den15s and your wonderful entry. For some reason, she reminds me of "Saya Project" (www.sayaproject.org); very realistic. Thank you for entering my contest and I have transferred bonus entry points to your account.
    That's 19 entries, people. This is incredible! If you plan on entering, There are only six more days to get your entry in.

PainsPlayground
    Participant

I gotta say.. there are some REALLY nice entrys coming in! It's going to be one hell of a contest. We've got some really skilled people here. <3

Matt
    Participant

I know a Commodore Amiga A1200 when I see one, and I see one in Baf-McNab's entry. Classic computer! Shame Commodore had no idea what to do with the Amiga line.

Matt
    Participant

Sorry, make that an A500. The Amiga 500 and the Amiga 1200 look very similar, in terms of the computer's case.

Bot101
    Participant

Hey Nineteen! Just four more days to get your renders in for my contest. First prize is 50,000 points, 30,000 for second, and 20,000 for third. 1,000 just for entering. What have you got to lose? Well, get busy only 84 hours left. Thank you.

Mark Sinister
    Participant

Kicking it 90's Style!

What inspired me was the first appearance of Virtua Fighter in the arcades in the 90's. Before PlayStation, Before N64, Before Sega Saturn you had to go to the arcades to see all the best looking games before they were released to consoles. This game was so a head of it's time the only console that we thought might be able to play it was the Neo Geo, but even that couldn't play it at the time.

It was the shitte, then Tekken and V.F. Remix came out and there was no turning back.

My models use way to many items (most I don't even know where from), so it would take forever to name all the pieces. If anyone care to know what they are just PM me and I'll try to look them all up.

The Arcade machine was found on the squid site.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like