What Graphics Card do you use?

Home Page Forums General Chat What Graphics Card do you use?

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    MrGrumblier
    Participant

AMD is also releasing their Ryzen 7 series soon which will be their "budget" Ryzen cpus so with the 3 and 5 series already out and the Threadrippers coming out soon as well, I imagine the FX and Phenom will be limited to existing stock pretty quick. Usually this results in some really good prices as vendors look to clear the obsolete stock from their inventories. My main machine has been running a Phenom X4 (unlocked to a 6 core - gotta love ASUS's core unlocker!) for going on 5 years now without any issues. I've upgraded my GPU a few times (currently running with a GTX 770). I was happy with that as the only game I ran into I couldn't run at max has been Ark. That was before I discovered Daz Studio. Now I doubt just a GPU upgrade will satisfy me, although it wouldn't hurt. I really need to do a new build though as the only part of my rig that isn't underpowered is my power supply, I upgraded that to a 1000 W when I got the 770 as it needed 2x6 connectors.
    General opinion: For the price of a single GTX 1070, I could get 2 GTX 1050 Ti GPUs. From the point of view of rendering, which would be better, a single GPU with 8GB RAM and 1920 CUDA cores or a pair of 4 GB cards with a combined total of 1536 CUDA cores? To me it seems intuitive to think that the single card with more cores would be better, but I seem to recall seeing something to the effect that having two cards share the load makes for faster renders and that the amount of GPU memory is more important then the number of cores.

Tagore
    Participant

Hi,
    This is what I have for running DAZ Studio 4.9.4.117

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX38-DQ6
    Memory 8 gbs
    CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650
    overclocked CPU fb 417.0 MHz (original: 333 MHz, overclock: 25%)
    Graphic card ZOTAC GTX 670 4GB
    Driver 384.94
    650W power supply High efficiency 93%

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like