Uninstall Daz

Home Page Forums General Chat Uninstall Daz

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    coolcat
    Participant

Can anybody tell me if I uninstall Daz will I lose any thing that I have manually installed ?

jason david
    Participant

on windows I can't tell but on mac os x el capitan nothing to lose everything is kept in preferences in the system Library folder Application Support

Ethiopia
    Participant

BACK UP ALL YOUR INSTALLED CONTENT TO ANOTHER DRIVE!!!
    There have been many discussions here (and everywhere else) about backing up your content. Despite what they might say in the Daz forums, you might/can/possibly/perhaps/ya never know/could lose everything.

coolcat
    Participant

I don't know what to do I have a problem with a product when I load it Daz 4.10 has a fatal error and closes. It only has happened with that product (knock on wood ) I don't know if its the new daz was not installed right or what it works on my other computer running Daz 4.6

eelgoo

I have both the current beta & general release installed on subsidiary drives, but I use a single remote installed 'My Library' which both installations happily read from.

I find that easier to maintain & back up.

If I have a problem with an installation I check my custom inst file for that item, manually uninstall all parts of it then re-install from that back up.

🙂

EvilMonkey
    Participant

Backup or relocate the folder you have all your manually installed data on and then uninstall. Daz can't delete it if it doesn't know where to look for it. I'm going to be installing everything again, much cleaner and more organised because my library was a mess and it bothered me so much.

Personally I'm treating it the same way I do with my personal folders on a Windows install. Put them all into a custom location (separate drive) and point the programs towards it so that any error on the OS/programs can be sorted out with minimal upset to my data.

aslag
    Participant

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. About once a week. I test things to make sure my library is functional. All the figures work. Then I copy the entire damned thing over to another drive. That has saved me a LOT of pain on a couple of occasions.

Ethiopia
    Participant

Somebody provided a link to a nice little free backup program which I promptly forgot about until now. Maybe they can pipe in again?
    Thanks a bunch,
    E.

Ethiopia
    Participant

Aha!...found the damn thing ("This gals gotta mind like a steel trap she has.")
    https://www.freefilesync.org/download.php

deafx
    Participant

Syncback is also a nice tool to sync/backup a drive or directory... and they have a free version that I've been using for the last few years to backup stuff to my NAS.

https://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/index.html

Ethiopia
    Participant

Thanks deafx, looks like a nice little program.
    E.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like