rigging a character from turbosquid

rigging a character from turbosquid

Home Page Forums General Chat rigging a character from turbosquid

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Abad.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • On sites like turbosquid I see alot of cool free figures and robots as fbx obj blend files etc.
    Some are static models and some list as being rigged.
    I am wondering are these figures able to be imported to daz and rigged and made into a posable figure for daz studio?

I think you’ll have to pass through Blender or another 3rd party 3d app first. At least for the a robot. I’m not to good with machine joints but if you use null objects you can make parts moveable.

There’s also this:

Abad

said

In theory, you can. But of course, if we talk about robots (not humanoids), things get complicated, since you will have to create extra bones, for example, for an articulated arm in 5 parts … and the T pose is going to be quite difficult to achieve. -Surely they have huge shoulders and will collide with the head, or whatever works for it …-.
    For that I recommend an auto-IK in Maya, and tweak the names of the skeleton in Motion Builder. Save it with MotionB’s Python 2013 or 2014/15 exporter. , cross your fingers and wait for Daz to swallow it.
    Unity or Unreal models are easier to adapt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest