Minka genesis 8

Minka genesis 8

Home Page Forums Art Showcase Minka genesis 8

Tagged: 

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Luiz.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

said

I love to render that skin tone!
    It is fascinating!

Luiz

said

It really is very beautiful, but I don’t even remember what this pants is!
    After the render I delete everything!
    I use a temporary library for projects! 😅

Damn really you deleted it?? I had to go looking for it. It’s called:
    Lace Pants G8F

I can’t be deleting my stuff. It take to much work for me to be installing looking for things to dress my characters with and so on and so on.

That time I could be using to lighting and learning other things.

Luiz

said

No! I store my library on external drives. I create a temporary folder. When I create a scenario, I take the desired material from the external disk and place it in the temporary folder. Then I delete it, to gain space on the SSD.

Shyne

said

Doesn’t doing it that way take up a lot of time? You’re also making two copies of the materials/scene objects.

The .duf save files don’t take up that much space, the biggest save file I have is 300MB and that was for the most complex scene I’ve done, with loads of high res background textures. Average size for my save files is about 15MB, that’s one figure with hair, clothing and a small amount of scenery.

I find, from keeping every scene file, I can go back and apply anything new I’ve learned to older saves. When I want to embarrass myself, I go back to some of the first things I ever did and think “why did I do that, it’s awful”. Then I challenge myself to make it less awful.

One of the things I’ve been doing lately is going back to basic portraits that used G3, converting the morphs to G8 and using ageing morphs plus everything I’ve learned about skin textures to do a 5 or 10 year later portrait of the same character. It’s an interesting thing to practice for realism.

Luiz

said

That’s nice! I will save a scenario to apply different techniques and improve even more!
    My library is very large, but I will choose a time for that!
    I didn’t think about remodeling G3 to G8. This is very interesting! What tool do you use for this?
    Thanks for the tip!

Shyne

said

For converting G3 to G8, I used the tutorial and files from here

I have the scene file saved and have to remember every time I use it, not to save over it. Once you’ve gone through the steps a couple of times, it gets easier to remember.
    With some morphs, once you’ve dialled them in on G8, they can look a bit over the top. If that happens, dial the morph to anywhere between 80 to 95% and you should be able to retain a recognisable morph. With some, you may need to scale or translate the eyeballs a tiny bit.

As G8 can use G3’s textures, you can still use the original ones and use Altern8 to improve realism or apply any G8 textures. I tend to use the original G3 textures that went with the G3 character but then use G8 textures for the cornea, sclera, iris, eye moisture, eye socket and pupil.

I’m on a never ending quest to achieve realism so, for me, G8 works better in terms of shaping/bending and being able to apply skin folds and creases.

My content library is around 1.5 TB and is all stored on an external hard drive. As the .duf save files are essentially a reference list for everything used in your scene and don’t make copies of what you use, they don’t take up too much space.

There are scripts to save space still further, especially if you use a lot L.I.E textures or scenery, by “baking” character textures into one map rather than many and by reducing the texture sizes for scenery and other objects.

I’ve had a couple of projects that I’m working on totally break my PC as I’ve got a pretty old graphics card that overheats if it sees more than 5 sources of light in a scene so the aforementioned scripts have come in pretty useful at times. As does rendering for specific layers and compositing in Photoshop.

Until I manage to sell some kidneys, I’ll have to wait on a GTX 1080 :p

Ugh I can’t use G8… My G8 takes hours to load now… I’m pushing 4TB of content…

I like to stick to G3 because everything loads soooo much faster and I have access to all V4, V3, A3, M4 and other old content I can’t use with my G8. But tell me what are these magical scripts that you use because I could use some stuff like that Texture baking for my characters.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2013 ZoneGfx. All rights reserved.                                                            Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest