Miarka and Rob Present - Duos!

Home Page Forums Art Competition Miarka and Rob Present - Duos!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Marcos Malaspina
    Participant

@aftyrbyrn Who put that there? Haha ha!

Norshine
    Participant

Duality

Duality

Who am I? Funnily, I ask myself the same question all the time.

I am anyone and everyone, as and when I want to be… but who am I really? I don’t know. Sometimes I hide in plain sight, amongst the ‘Normals’ who go about their lives day by day. Other times I stand out from the crowd… as a blue skinned woman with lizard-like eyes. But why?

Even I don’t know what drives me to be who I am at any given moment. I don’t think I will ever know. I often lose myself in who I am today, I become them in every way until I am more than the original could ever hope to be. But in the end, I inevitably find myself returning this me, the woman who is nothing but potential. Which am I really? Them, or me?

In life you can be anything, but in my case I can by everything, and yet, I am nothing. I am a fraud, a pretend, a fake… even as I perfectly imitate. You will never know that it was really me you met that day, in that place, but I will remember forever and for always. Maybe that’s why I run, why I seek a new persona with each sunrise. Maybe one day I’ll find who I am meant to be?

All I know is no matter who or what I am, I will always have an air of Mystique…

Tomsk
    Participant

Right click and open in new tab to view fullsize

Anna and Elsa are having a full dress rehersal for an upcoming cabaret act they're doing for a charity gala which will be held soon, Anna however has other ideas!

Elsa:... Anna! /sigh Not again!
    Anna:... Tee-hee!
    Elsa:... Can I have my hat back please?
    Anna:... I was thinking it might suit Olaf better, what do you think? Hmmm?
    Elsa:... Yes, yes, Olaf. The hat if you please? I need it for our act!
    Anna:... It will keep the sun off his head.
    Elsa:... Anna you know he doesn't melt, he has his flurry.
    Anna:... It'll keep the sun out his eyes then!
    Elsa:... '......'
    Anna:... What are you going to do if I don't give it back? Spank me?
    Elsa:... /smirk

Errilhl
    Participant

@norshine Oh, hell, I like that one! Would you mind elaborate a bit on the process? (As in how you made it, I mean)

Norshine
    Participant

@errilhl

Alright; sure why not. Character creation is ovbiously what took most of the time. Her human version is based off Jennifer Lawrence; shaped by hand using several tools and reshaded after materials applied.

Mystique version uses the same shape but it's fully reshaded to a blue plastic kinda look. She has a shell on top with some parts hidden (like eyes; tongue; stuff like that) that gives her the scales look. The base is in some Monster bundle; easily findable but i reshaded it too to fit the scales in size and displacement as I liked them.
    She has eyebrows and eyelashes on top of the shell to make sure no matter the lighting they are always visible and the model ones have been disabled. Took me many times to got it all right but it was done long ago and now the characters are saved forever.

With those 2 done the rest is pretty straightforward. The scene is empty; both characters have the same position but slightly different expressions. I wanted to give Mystique a tougher look. The only thing to keep in mind is that I could not move the center bit of the lips or nose since it was the transition between expressions.

The lighting intentionally comes from the left side; gives Mystique more light than her alter ego; making the other one look "darker" in contraposition to the expression. Giving more strengh to the "duality" feel I went for.

Double render.

In photoshop I mixed both layers and edited individually to "clean" the images. Took out some pokethroughs; cleaned an artifact I had with the light; gave a lot more strengh to Mystique scales; made her eyes pop etc.

The base effect for the transition between them was done using an action that left a lot of degraded stuff between images that had to be cleaned. After that I grabbed bit by bit the left side and mixed it with the right side using an earthquake brush. That gave the mosaic bits a bit less importance and more to the transition between characters.

With all that done I just worked on a bit of common pospo for both images together so they would look more alike; and gave it the look and feel of a movie poster.

Background is simply two blurred images joined together by painting the edges that did not match and turned it into black and white; trying to make them look like one.

Errilhl
    Participant

Thanks for the walkthrough, @norshine 🙂

Norshine
    Participant

@errilhl No problem! Anytime 😉

Bot101
    Participant

Gemma and her Dragon.

As it had been for the past 1000 years, Dragon would find that crevice in Gemma's world and wedge his tail tightly in to it. Once again, their worlds would soon collide once more - as they did for the past 400,000 days. Other galaxies might very well be sleeping safe once again, but their unique tango was vital for them; for their very existence. They knew other worlds were colliding and possibly destroying eachother, and on rare occasions their own partnership appeared perilous. But like they knew for the last million hours as they did that first hour, they were meant for each other. Their tango wasn't really unique at all. The first time their eyes met across distant universes, all other planets knew these two worlds were meant to be and dared not interfere. At times an occasional comet would venture a little too close and ruffle their mutual attraction. But at the end of that day, their eyes would meet as they did that first minute more than 500 billion minutes ago; Gemma and her Dragon were once again oblivious to everything else...

den
    Participant

Gotcha!
    Gotcha!

Aftyrbyrn
    Participant

Romeo and Juliet
    ACT V SCENE III
    After the fight with Paris, before the last kiss.

Fuller Sized

How oft when men are at the point of death
    Have they been merry! which their keepers call
    A lightning before death: O, how may I
    Call this a lightning? O my love! my wife!
    Death, that hath suck'd the honey of thy breath,
    Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty:
    Thou art not conquer'd; beauty's ensign yet
    Is crimson in thy lips and in thy cheeks,
    And death's pale flag is not advanced there.
    Tybalt, liest thou there in thy bloody sheet?
    O, what more favour can I do to thee,
    Than with that hand that cut thy youth in twain
    To sunder his that was thine enemy?
    Forgive me, cousin! Ah, dear Juliet,
    Why art thou yet so fair? shall I believe
    That unsubstantial death is amorous,
    And that the lean abhorred monster keeps
    Thee here in dark to be his paramour?
    For fear of that, I still will stay with thee;
    And never from this palace of dim night
    Depart again: here, here will I remain
    With worms that are thy chamber-maids; O, here
    Will I set up my everlasting rest,
    And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars
    From this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last!
    Arms, take your last embrace! and, lips, O you
    The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
    A dateless bargain to engrossing death!
    Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide!
    Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on
    The dashing rocks thy sea-sick weary bark!
    Here's to my love!

O true apothecary!
    Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die.

I miss being in love.

NewSunset
    Participant

Malicious couple

Malicious Couple

What are they talking about? Maybe the last happened things? Or the next step they will do?
    Be sure not is a good thing they are planning now... 😉

Itachi
    Participant

The Voerman Sisters, Therese and Jeanette

The Voerman Sisters, Therese and Jeanette

Therese and Jeanette Voerman the owners and operators of several business ventures in Santa Monica, though the most well known, is their club "The Asylum". They have a sibling rivalry that is well known and often catches others in the crossfire. Therese is a consummate businesswoman with a keen mind to get the what she wants. Jeanette is a sensual and charismatic woman with a keen instinct to make use of who she wants. When you see them apart, which is the only way you see these warring sisters, it would be hard to see that they are identical twins. Knowing this you can see the similarities, they are both cunning, devious, intelligent, manipulative, beautiful, and of course, they are both vampires of a clan that any vampire who knows what's good for them is fearful of, the Malkavians. Having one of these unpredictable and insightful monsters around is bad enough but two around is terrifying. Good thing for all the other kindred in the city that they spend their time fighting one another and not looking outwards.

Source: The characters are from the game "Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines". I have kept the descriptive section to only include the initial information you have on the sisters so that if you haven't played the game you can fully experience their stories as I feel it is one of the best storylines in the game and that is saying a lot as it is a great game. I highly recommend playing it after installing the community patches.

Composition: Typically in a contest about a Duo it would make sense to make sure the Duo is distinct and differentiated. I, however, wanted to show them in a way that has them shown as two halves of the same whole.

Technical importance: When I made these characters I wanted to do something different, something where you know what you are seeing but you are in fact incorrect. In this case it is that this picture has absolutely no post-processing. This was rendered and directly posted. Two identical vignettes were set up opposite one another then lit in such a way that they both would have light fall on characters in the same way and cast the same lights. Therese was then put in one and Jeanette in the other and with a perfectly placed set of mirrors and camera, I was able to get the effect of the two characters merged. Would it have been easier to just do it in post, absolutely, but I felt that the characters deserved something more.

ADAM
    Participant

I dont remember what I selected to get this version of her but I did it on my first play through.

bobdawg
    Participant

Moose and Squirrel

Our 'where are they now' research team was able to track these two elusive celebrities to a remote location in the Canadian Rockies. Following leads and information gathered for months, some provided by an RCMP officer who wished to remain anonymous, we finally found the original Rocky and Bullwinkle! These two at one point in history were the toast of the animation world. Envied by many and loved by their crowd of adoring fans. After a short interview and much convincing, they gave us permission to take this photograph. We were sworn to secrecy and told not to reveal their exact location as they prefer the quiet life they are now living out of the spotlight and away from the pressures of show business. Upon departure we were stopped by Bullwinkle as he wanted to show us how he could pull a rabbit out of his hat. Several dozen failed attempts later we left confused and delighted by the encounter. No vaguely Russian spies were seen at any time.

Here also is an image as they appeared in their younger years.

ADAM
    Participant

Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale next please

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like