Mer-Man

Home Page Forums General Chat Mer-Man

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fallen
    Participant

I'm trying to make a merman but I can't seem to find a lot of mermaid items much less merman for genesis 3. Anyone know any good mermaid tail for genesis 3 male?

Eggy Toast
    Participant

@darknessfalls69

I've only ever seen Lost Realms for M4 and H4 come close, you might be able to get these work if you've got the autofit presets for m4 to g3m

You could also crossdress a bit between G3F to G3M to get the desired result, it's a pain in the ass but totally doable. It sucks that there's not a dedicated option for the thing you need BUT I've had to do this before (not for mermaids but for other things) and this is how I typically do it.

If you don't have them already, go hunt for all the autofit templates for genesis 3. This makes moving clothes from male to female and vice versa super easy (I have some female characters I made on the male base, so I have had to do this a lot to get them dressed properly).

First, https://zonegfx.com/laguna-mermaid-set-genesis-3-females/ would be a good place to start. What you'll want to do is install that (just as a test, you can use other tails later after you figure it out) and then open up Daz. There are other mermaid tails available if you prefer, just make sure it's a separate object that you can spawn by itself.

Now open your male character and deselect him. Go to your content folder and find your tail (I bet you can just search "mermaid" and it'll pop up pretty fast) and then spawn it. If it's just a set load only you can load the whole set, and delete the items spawned that you don't need.

Right click on the tail and click "fit to parent" and select your figure. It'll ask who this was intended for (genesis 3 female) and what it is (I'd select pants, but you can always do this again as a dress or full body or something to tweak it until it aligns right with the body).

Now, it might be too big and your figure's legs might stick out. Check to see in the mermaid tail folder if there's some option to hide the legs. If you've got this you might be able to do it (may not work if the target character isn't g3f, but it's worth a shot man) If there's no option, you can go into your figure and just hide the legs bit by bit in the properties menu (it's an enormous pain in the ass but it's doable, I do it all the time, you get used to it).

If it's too big or too small around the waist, you can always go into the properties and look at individual bits of the tail (like upper abdomen, lower abdomen, etc. etc.) and resize it on the x/y/z axis until you've got the best fit. You'll have to futz with this a bit but you'll get there.

I wish I could make you a picture tutorial but I'm running kind of late on something, but hopefully this helps! I know it sucks when you can't get the thing you need but sometimes doing it the ass-backward way gives you a way cooler and unique result anyway 🙂

EvilMonkey
    Participant

And here I was thinking you were trying to make a crappy He-Man villain.

Morri
    Participant

Is it possible to use the crossdresser licenses to modify the Laguna Mermaid tail across to the G3M figure? That might be a way of tackling the problem.

Feymarcher
    Participant

@nemain Crossdresser (the program) stopped with version 4 and EvilInnocence never upgraded it beyond Generation 4, presumably because utilities like Auto-Fit, SickleYield's rigs, Wear Them All, and the cross-figure fit rendered it obsolete for the Genesis generations.

IIRC, SickleYield used the Cross-Figure utility to make her mermaid tail for Genesis 2 Female work perfectly on Genesis 2 Male.

Thing is that stuff like Mermaid tails deal with geografts, so that makes things a little thornier to deal with. You may have to use a UV swap utility, but I admit I'm not 100% positive on that part.

Fallen
    Participant

@potatoegg
    The laguna tail was actually the first item I tried, but I'm having issues with the tail not showing up. But I'll try out the Lost Realms, just need to make a request forum I don't think I seen the item up.

@evilmonkey
    :

I didn't know that existed, that was actually a typo... I don't think I can go back and edit that title pfftt.

Eggy Toast
    Participant

@darknessfalls69 let me know if you get the lost realms one working; I'm curious now!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like