MANIFEST File (Unreal Engine Marketplace Content)

Home Page Forums General Chat MANIFEST File (Unreal Engine Marketplace Content)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    NETGOM
    Participant

In a few hours I will share with you a bundle with a lot of content for Unreal Engine. This is VaultCache content. What does this mean? Folders containing assets or environments only contain one file: "manifest" (with no extension).

Not much information on this (Unreal Engine Forum)

In case you don't know what to do with it, I'll explain it to you:

1. Find the directory of Epic Games> Launcher> VaultCache (for example: C:\Programs\Epic Games\Launcher\VaultCache)

2. Copy the unzipped FOLDERS there (with the MANIFEST file inside)

3. Restart Epic Games and/or Unreal Engine

The files should appear as available on the Epic Games Launcher> Unreal Engine> Library page.

We can now download and add them to our projects!
    (Remember to check the page of the product you want to use to check the versions compatible with your Unreal Engine)

NETGOM
    Participant

Unfortunately, I have realized that MANIFEST file folders are now encrypted directly from Unreal Engine Marketplace. For example: if the asset is named "Low Poly Village", when legally downloaded from Epic Games, the folder in the Vault Cache directory will be named "LowPolyVf174872dd63eV1".

Any solution?

Abad
    Participant

I don't understand your question ... Anyway, here's your "Melee Weapon Stealth Finishers" in duf format for G8 ...
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/einhfswpbfwbtd2/duf_motion.rar/file

duckface
    Participant

you need a patched epic installer wich will skip those encryption folder struture

NETGOM
    Participant

Thanks! Any concrete recommendation?

BTW, here is the pack! Unreal Engine 4 Marketplace Bundle 1 Jan 2021

The King
    Participant

Some people have been able to get manifest files to still work by using an old version of the unreal engine but this does not work for everyone some people get an infinite loading loop when trying this method.

Would be better off uploading the raw files instead but you would have to get the method to work then download the files yourself and re-upload them. A lot of work. I personally will not roll back my UE version to use manifest as the new UE has features I use that the old one does not.

Theonlyfaker
    Participant

Here's workaround
    Download and install an old version of launcher 10.19.2

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/download

Waiting for the launcher to open, when you see your name then immediately shut down it through the task manager so the launcher does not download the updates completely. Then right-click on the shortcut, choose properties and add -noselfupdate after the text: ".........Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe " -noselfupdate

Not my solution as I got the load error you were talking about. Comes from leakforums.co

Marko Jephtha
    Participant

can somebody help me get the battlefield set in obj formats?

elen
    Participant

Given method by gameassetsfree.com

I) Installation via manifest file

Download and install old version of Epic Games launcher 10.19.2
    https://archive.org/download/epic-installer-10.19.2

Launch it. Let it download the update. Login into launcher.
    Then immediately shut down it through the task manager so the launcher do not download the updates completely.
    Then right click on shortcut, choose properties and add -noselfupdate after the text: ".........Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe " -noselfupdate

To install archives with manifest, go along the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\VaultCache and transfer the contents of the archive there.
    After adding a new folder in the VaultCache don’t forget to restart the launcher to asset appeared in your local library.
    Now download asset via Epic Games Launcher.

-----------------------

II) Installation via a ready-made project

Installation:

1. Choose the zip file that corresponds to the version of Unreal 4 that you're running (i.e. UE4_ASSET_NAME 4.26 - goes with Unreal 4 version 4.26), then unzip the contents of the folder to your Unreal Projects folder location (default C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Unreal Projects).

2. Restart the Epic Games Launcher and open the new project entitled "UE4_ASSET_NAME".

3. Once it opens, open the example level "Example_Name".

-----------------------

III) Asset migration to an existing project:

1. Open the example level listed above.

2. Navigate to the folder "Example_Asset_Name".

3. Right-Click it and choose "Migrate". Say "ok" to the asset report window that pops-up.

4. A new window will open entitled "Choose a destination content folder". Navigate to the content folder of the project that you wish to migrate your assets to, and choose "select folder". Might take a few minutes to copy all of the data into your new project folder.

You're all done!

NETGOM
    Participant

Windows Epic Games Client 10.19.2
    EpicInstaller-10.19.2-unrealtournament.msi

amerboss
    Participant

is it possible to update plugins this way?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Post You Might Like