Home Page › Forums › General Chat › Hit up 500 points for download
- This topic has 45 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 4 months ago by
ADAM.
-
AuthorPosts
-
May 18, 2018 at 8:17 PM #609463
Hi I downloaded the Next SPACE COLONY kitbash3d.com this morning and it came up as 500 points, is this correct? I've never seen anything like this happen before.
cheers,
May 18, 2018 at 9:53 PM #609535May 18, 2018 at 11:17 PM #609591If @chopper can prove that he is the creator, it’s valid. It seems unlikely, though, with $200 price tag.
May 18, 2018 at 11:32 PM #609599I mean, 500 points for that asset isn't bad, but if it's not genuine...
May 18, 2018 at 11:41 PM #609607Good point.
Except that it’s not about the value of the product or how cool it is. The criteria for Custom Content is that YOU MADE IT YOURSELF. If that’s not the case, it should be reposted in Environments and Props.
Manipulating the system to get 10 times the points is not cool.
May 19, 2018 at 12:35 AM #609647Oh, I agree, I'm just saying it might be worth looking into a slightly differing amount of points based on type of asset. A bundle is still more worth than a single item (usually), new content is usually more worth than really old content (although there are certain old items that have more intrinsic value, due to scarcity) and non-DAZ/Renderosity items is often WAY more expensive, which might tend to skew the value a bit. However, that would probably mean there would have to be some sort of vetting before posting, which isn't feasible. There SHOULD be vetting for the "Custom content" though.
May 19, 2018 at 3:08 AM #609745Models by Michal Kozlowski | Kit Design and Cover Art by Jort van Welbergen. Textures created by http://www.textures.com.
That is from the product page.
I somehow can't see the creator giving away his product here when he can get whatever his share of the $199 of the price tag on the actual site, I mean here he is only going to get points, why would he do such a thing and also the textures were created by someone else other than the artist.
May 19, 2018 at 6:06 AM #609870This whole Custom content thing is sadly becoming an abuse-point. 🙁
Another offender;
Akeytsu
Akeytsu is a 3rd party software widely available, even on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/446060/akeytsu_Indie/
This should DEFINITELY have been posted under tools/plugins, and not as Custom Content... unless the poster can provide compelling evidence he/she is the developer... in which case, WHY would you pirate-sell your own paid-for product?!?!Admin REALLY needs to get a handle on these offenders, this is simply abusing the system, and making it all sour.
PEOPLE, DON'T WRECK THIS FOR ACTUAL CONTENT CREATORS.
May 19, 2018 at 6:31 AM #609893From my perspective, Admins must approve content.
Why they allow content posted as free and content obviously not custom is definatly unclear.
Add to that a points cut and its building up speed forva train wreck.
May 19, 2018 at 7:15 AM #609925Unfortunately, reducing the points value of a 'sale' here to such an extent makes it only more tempting for those needing points to abuse the system in this fashion.
It is not so much the point values per se, but more the relative rewards.
🙁
May 19, 2018 at 7:16 AM #609926I agree that it will quickly get out of control and does need to be addressed ASAP otherwise I can see the site descending into chaos with people finding content on obscure sites and posting it here as their own content.
May 19, 2018 at 8:03 AM #609962Sorry 🙁 its fixed now 🙁
May 19, 2018 at 8:15 AM #609980Hi Amber, I hit the 'tools/plugin' button when submitting Akeytsu, I am very orderly when I submit things and I apologize if some kind of glitch ended it up in the 'custom content' section.
I'm a graphic designer/artist and also take time to assemble custom content in hopes it benefits other artists and creators, I'm not here to try and abuse anything. When I saw the scaling of price (150 for a software/tools/plugin) it seemed reasonable at the time since I see 50 points being made over a small item or utility in DAZ, when something I took time to package and submit which I found really interesting and cool that I hope more people pick up and learn. (and btw I hate how companies like Maya charge so much money to use their software, and have dominated the world of animation in 3d).
Akeytsu is a 3rd party software widely available, even on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/446060/akeytsu_Indie/
This should DEFINITELY have been posted under tools/plugins, and not as Custom Content… unless the poster can provide compelling evidence he/she is the developer… in which case, WHY would you pirate-sell your own paid-for product?!?!May 19, 2018 at 8:17 AM #609981Seriously, though... The bitching about content and points... I've made over 10k points the last 2-3 days, by posting MOSTLY old items that wasn't on the site - it didn't take me that long, I just went through a lot of old shit on my drives... checking stuff against the listings here.
Yes, some of the points came from posting relatively new content, which I aquired, due to a bounty, but that wasn't expensive, and the bounty wasn't counted in the above approximation.
I mean, getting points takes only a _little_ bit of effort. Even with the pay-cut.
As for the mess that is the "Custom content" it needs to be handled ASAP.
May 19, 2018 at 8:52 AM #610018And to be honest @Amber, I'm not entirely sure how the points system works on this site yet anyway; it seems like after a number of items are sold it defaults down to 15 points, so right now I'm getting 15 points for Akeytsu if that makes you feel any better in case you were thinking there's some conspiracy going on to abuse the point system.
Agreed that custom content, should be from creators themselves which can take a deal of time to make.
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.




